Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm pulling out my stock exhaust (hopefully this weekend if it gets here in time). Is it worth saving the exhaust to sell it in case someone needs one, or would it just be better to take it to the scrap yard and get some cash back for it?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
It sure is. There are a great many dumbasses out there willing to pay more for the stock system than a better aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
agree completely... might take a while to find somebody who'll give you anything for it, but it's definitely worth more that way than as scrap

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
If nothing else, it can be cut up and used as muffler delete pipes for stock exhausts... If you have the storeage space, keep it is my vote. But my wife also wants to call the people who make that tv show Horders on me...

·
Banned
5,630 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But my wife also wants to call the people who make that tv show Horders on me...
HAHAHA. Alright. Well, I guess I'll have to hide it somewhere for now. I was going to chop a section of to do my napa DIY air filter, but my stock exhaust is only 3". I'll hold on to it, see if someone's looking for it.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I don't think you'll find anybody to buy it... Scrap yards won't give you anything for it unless you take a few extra hundred pounds of scrap with you.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I guarantee he sells it. I see people on this forum and others, and CL, looking for stock exhausts all the time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guarantee he sells it. I see people on this forum and others, and CL, looking for stock exhausts all the time.
If you see someone needing one. Let me know. I'm going to pack the exhaust into the box my MBRP just shipped in. So I'll be able to ship it anywhere in the US.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I sure will, bud :thumb:

Of course, nobody I personally know would put a stock one back on :lol:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I've never seen one. Please share.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i bought a factory exhaust for $25, basically used it for a muff delete and changed my exit from the back of the rear tire to the front of it, my exit pipe was restricting and the one i paid for was cut up so i changed it to a side exit, band aid till i can afford a 4", and if you have the cat, i recycled mine and got $35 for it

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I've never seen one. Please share.
I didn't say at this moment in time, merely over the years I have seen people inquiring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts