Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2000 6-speed Dually and I noticed the clutch let's out like 1/2" off the floor. The previous owner said he installed a new clutch so I figured it just needed to bled. Upon further inspection I noticed that the aluminum bracket at the top of the clutch pedal is wore so bad that there are no bushings or anything left. Probably 1/8"-1/4" away from where completely through. It's allowing a ton of play in my pedal and i'd like to replace the whole bracket if I could. I don't even know what to search for. Has anyone had this issue and do you know where one could be purchased aside from the stealership?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any suggestions guy? I know I cant be the only powerstroke owner to experience this?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Have you tried a salvage yard? Just a thought...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They don't have anything that new and when they do, its rare that they are manuals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Try removing the spring on the clutch pedal. I think SouthBend requires that if one of there clutches is installed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Try these guys...they have a bunch of super dutys... Adkins Auto Parts at 16079 State Route 7, Crown City, OH. Call them at (740 ) 886-9265.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There's lots of truck wrecking yards. Google truck wreckers, Louisville, KY and you'll find em.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got 230k on my 6spd and my pedal doesn't have any wear like that (I was just under there replacing slave/master, so I have had my eyes on it fairly recently.)

Any idea what caused the excessive wear?

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
One guy managed to use a small metal heim joint/rod end for that pivot, eliminating that stupid plastic bushing. I'll try a Google search later to see if I find it.

My plastic clip actually popped off a few days ago, leaving the rod barely on the pin on the clutch pedal arm. I drove part way through town with it like that, which could have ended bad if my clutch dropped at a red light . . . Anyway, I've used some JB Weld to hold the tapered tabs down in place, and used a couple safety ties to hold the master cylinder rod tight against the clutch arm, so the plastic "bushing" doesn't wear and as a "fail safe" should the plastic clip move or somehow break again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought a whole new assembly from a ford parts wholesaler on eBay. Installed it tonight and man it's like a brand new truck. ; )

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts