Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replaced injectors this weekend and ran great until today.started this morning shut down and then would not start.cranks but no fire.fuel is pumping,hpop was low filled up,oil in both rails.what else can I look for to get running?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sounds like you have air in the high pressure oil system somewhere . . . you need to make sure the hpop is full of oil then hook up your battery charger and keep cranking till you get it running again. Then you need to take it out and run the piss out of the truck preferably going up the steepest hills you can find. Some trucks only take a few runs for this some take days.

Retrace all of your steps . . . main harness on driver-side valve cover is bolted together tight, two plugs inside each head under valve cover were reinstalled and tight, fuel bolts were reinstalled tight, UVCH plugs are tight and modified w/shim kit or tiny zip ties, etc . . .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck ran good until today thought it might be hpop since it was low but no start.checking fuel problems and found fuel pump not pumping to fuel bowl,is there a way I can test fuel pump before I buy a new one?checked fuse in panel,shut off switch,anything else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts