Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor has a 95 f250 7.3 with the e4od tranny. The tranny is brand new and when he stops and goes again no matter the condition it struggles to move. The motor has plenty of power but doesn't move fast till 20 mph and you feel a slight bump and then seams to move just fine, shifts and everything. The tranny people said everything is fine and can't do anything with it. No codes for the tranny and od doesn't flash. What could be the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
1995 Ford F350 Dually
601 Posts
So, what happens if he stomps on it in 1st gear like he wants it to move? You saying it does nothing till it reaches 20 mph? My 95, same setup, will creep from a stop unless I give it at least half pedal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what happens if he stomps on it in 1st gear like he wants it to move? You saying it does nothing till it reaches 20 mph? My 95, same setup, will creep from a stop unless I give it at least half pedal.
Ya its kinda like your pulling a heavy trailer till 20mph and then after that the trailer comes unhooked and drives good

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hey guys been reading and searching havent really found exactly what I got (maybe I overlooked it if there is) my light wasnt flashing when I bought it flashed for a few days then went off for about a week and a half and now been back on the past two days bang shifting again. I have no other lights on i got the batteries unplugged right now to reset everything because i jus replaced the vss. So idk if that will do anything or not but would appreciate your responses
I have the same issue, I've seen no one has responded. I've looked and looked before and have found nothing to. for being while did you find your answer that you can help me too.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
You would need to pull the code(s) that have been set to know where to look for the problem. Many of us use the Forscan/Forscan Lite app with an ELM-327 OBDII interface adapter (I use an OBDLink MX+) to read/clear codes and monitor/record live data. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
If you have a flashing od light and hard shift the trans has gone into limp mode to protect itself. You need to scan for codes

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
What are you trying to use? Many (most) generic scanners/readers won't read these trucks (hence my recommendation). Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts