Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have a problem. i jumped into my truck to run up to the store. I started her up and went to shift into reverse. The shifter wont go down into reverse. ANY HELP? Trans shows no signs of any problemsa. Its a 2002 F-250 PSD.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Turn the steering wheel back and forth sometimes the locking mechanism gets stuck. I know this works on my 2002 F-250.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright i tried that. Did nothing. I shut the truck off while trying to shift into gear. The shifter moved with the key in the lock/accessory position. turned truck back on will not shift into grar. turned it off again and put it in acc and it went through all the gears.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
alright i tried that. Did nothing. I shut the truck off while trying to shift into gear. The shifter moved with the key in the lock/accessory position. turned truck back on will not shift into grar. turned it off again and put it in acc and it went through all the gears.
Are you applying the brake. You need to apply the brake in order to shift into gear.

J

·
0 Posts
shifting

more then likely the brake switch on the pedal. Step on the brakes and see if your brake lights work.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i was applying brake pressure. where abouts is the brake switch???

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
yes i was applying brake pressure. where abouts is the brake switch???
It is down under the dash mounted to the brake pedal assembly.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright. What do you guys think could be wrong with it? broken? can it move???

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
alright. What do you guys think could be wrong with it? broken? can it move???
I would check and see if it is working with a volt meter. But like Jon said are your brake lights working.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes the brake lights work fine.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just went out and started it up and it shifted into gear fine. didnt touch anything dunno what changed from the last time i started it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts