Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 1990 f250 truck running after replacing the injection pump. It cranked and started great. I had a problem with number one injector leaking and had to take off the alternator to get to it. I also had a look at the wiring connections on the passenger side fender while I was there and there were a few that wanted cleaning up.

I took a black plug off a little silver box that says "short circuit protected" I replaced the conecters with new ones and put the wires back on without the black connector.

I replaced everything and was ready to start the truck but it wont crank over, nothing happens the batterys are fully charged the dash light, headlights, glow plugs all work fine it just wont crank.

Does anyone have any ideas? Also does anyone have a picture of the little silver box so I can check if I put the connections back where they should be?

Sorry for the long story.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does it turn over, just not crank? The diesel engine is very simple. Have you checked at the injectors to make sure you are still getting fuel?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is for sure electrical. Did you have the battery disconnected when you pulled the alternator? It sounds like a relay to me as long as everything was reconnected properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts