Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my truck back from the shop they said it was running. when i get it to the house and get it off the tow truck i tried to crank it i sprayed starting fluid in it and the motor siezed up this is the second time it has done it to me and i can not get it broke loose i have pulled the glow plugs and injectors out of it and still cannt turn it over with a brake over bar

·
Registered
55 Posts
Running????

Ok, they said it was running, and then they tow it back to your house instead of having you drive it away???

I call BS!! I highly doubt it was running. Make them start it for you infront of you. Put the glow plugs and injectors back in, Do not tell them that you took them out and dont mention the starting fluid either.

Every time I have towed in a vehicle to a shop the customer usually drives away in it once its repaired. Only once have I transported a vehicle back to a residence, and that was because He was not able to make it to the shop before closing time and needed his vehicle later that night.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I agree. Have them come and get it started. Hide the bottle of starting fluid and never mention it again. I am not saying that caused it but the shop will probably try to use it against you!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would also threaten a STOP PAYMENT. You paid them for a service that they most likely didnt render. The strong proof is that they had your truck towed back to your place instead of telling you to come pick it up.
Thats a no-brainer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
starting fluid is not good ever make note of this you could have spit a valve through the cylinder when you used starting fluid iit ignites way more violently than diesel usually you can let it set and the vapors will dimenish and free back up ive seen people do this and break head bolts drop valves bust rings cause they cant take the force and it has to go somewhere usually when the lock up its called vapor lock and it cause the rings and valves hold the pressure til it slowly bleeds off but some time does what i listed above good luck getting the shop to eat it definatly dont tell them bout the starting fluid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts