Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, i went to the local parts store today to get my WIX filter I usually get, my Shell Rotella, nothing out of the ordinary. After the associate came back to the counter, scratching his head asking the other 4 guys " we dont have one of THOSE???" im like, ok, fine no biggie, get it for tomorrow if you could, and ill be by in the morning...NO CAN DO. WIX no longer produces just a filter (part # 57314), but offers part # 57312 (with lid and o-ring) and also ref's to #57313 (with lid an o-ring). the difference between the 2? 57312 looks the same as stock, but 57313 is same height, but the cap is 3/4 the length of the filter. if the threads are that far down, how does this "fit" out trucks/ or did they change something after 04?

nothing important, but itd be nice to know whats goin on here. i dont think ive ever left the parts counter for a filter saying :didimiss:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the name of em...i couldnt remember what it was people here said they were using. i was hoping to get the Amsoil running with bypass filter, but next oil change...havent been working so the money's not there right now

*edit* and i just found my answer
from fleetfilter.com "Some Ford PowerStroke changes: The 33518 has changed to a 33818 and comes with an attached lid; the 57314 has changed to a 57312 for F-Series Trucks and a 57313 for E-Series Vans - both come with an attached lid."

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Watch for sales at Pep-Boys on the Fram filters, every couple of months they have them at 2 for $7.00 which is a huge savings!!!

The Fram CH9549 is a repackaged Racor filter that is the exact same filter as the Motorcraft FL-2016.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Last week, I threw the last of 6 Wix oil filters away, they were brand new and I've had them since I bought my PSD in Feb. '06.

They don't work on the 6.0. Anyone who continues to use them in the 6.0 is saving pennies and risking a $10K engine while doing it.

I threw them away rather than try to foist them off onto someone else.

Use the right oil filters, it's not hard and it's not expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts