Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way to get more power out of my 7.3 straight piped without a chip? turbo? injectors? or what?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Judging by all the info here, the limiting factor is the Ford PCM. Any particular reason against a tuner?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
do you not want a chip or cant afford one right now? Tuning is how you get the power out of these, youll need a chip if you want to make power

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh i have a chip a crappy edge evo but still want some power that you can feel when you step on it. and chips are a litte rough on an automatic.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
You really need a custom tuned chip, that wont be as hard on the trans as it will tune it. If your adding power without trans tuning its just gonna kill it faster

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
You really need a custom tuned chip, that wont be as hard on the trans as it will tune it. If your adding power without trans tuning its just gonna kill it faster
X2:thumb: If your custom tuned you should be fine on the trans unless you tow in overdrive all the time up in the mountains.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i am going to get all of the good stuff in it when it goes out and i should re build the motor it has 225XXX on it ya think

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
well i am going to get all of the good stuff in it when it goes out and i should re build the motor it has 225XXX on it ya think
225xxx is not time for a rebuild. A friend of mine has 280xxx on his and he put a chip on it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Get a custom tuned chip. Lots of good people out there to chose from

Matt @ Gearhead Automotive
Bill @ PHP
David @ DI
Johnathan @ Swamps
Aggie @ TSD
TW @ TDP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts