Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting exhaust for my truck and wanted to know if I got the hs mini do I need the bungs for the exhaust or not. Is there an advantage for them with that tuner when it comes to temps?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No you don't need the bungs in the exhaust. Just unplug the sensors when you take out the stock exhaust.

Some guys don't want the exposed harness ends so they get the exhaust with the bungs and swap the sensors over.

But tuned the sensors do nothing.

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No you don't need the bungs in the exhaust. Just unplug the sensors when you take out the stock exhaust.

Sent with my mind using ESP.
X2 H&S makes it easy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wish i would not have welded my bungs up, and i switched the probes over. Why, because i want to try some of Gearheads tunes on an sct, and you have to have the probes in with the sct. If you think you might ever want to try some custom tunes on the sct, then get the exhaust with bungs and put probes in.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
And for that matter, if you don't want to put the sensors back in, you could get some stainless M12x1.25 bolts for the sensor holes and a Spark Plug M14x1.25 for the pressure hole. Put anti-seize on the threads and you can always take them out and put the sensors in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts