Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well i paid 4.10 today but i think one of two things will happen. one the diesel truck market will majorly decline so the truck prices will go down, or you will have to be rich to buy, and drive one lol. i see these new trucks hittin 70k

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
well i paid 4.10 today but i think one of two things will happen. one the diesel truck market will majorly decline so the truck prices will go down, or you will have to be rich to buy, and drive one lol. i see these new trucks hittin 70k
I agree with you about the prices but I don't see how they are going to sell them. I mean 70K!!!! A little less than a year ago I looked at (was the dealer for parts not truck shopping) an F-350 King Ranch 4X4 SRW, gorgeous truck, sticker was close to 60K. I thought to myself "No way". I mean even with 0% financing yikes!
Craig

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Yup, prices are already going down here and many more diesels are showing up in used car lots. Gonna get tuffer unfortunately. I think the demands are gonna start settling down a bit due to prices

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think truck prices will pretty much stay where they are, unless the cost diesel goes through the roof- like $6 or $7 a gallon. Dealerships around me are selling them for invoice, but thats about as low as they'll go. A guy at work said the other day that he bets you can get one for like $15K off the sticker. I think that is extremely wishful thinking to say the least. The dealership would rather pay the interest (their floor planning) and let the trucks sit, then take that big of a loss. Remember that this surge in oil prices is a "bubble" and like all past "bubbles" (housing market, tech stocks, etc.), it will burst and when it does, the prices at the pump will drop like a lead ballon. Now I'm not saying diesel will return to under $2/gallon, but I'd bet it goes under $3. We'll know more as we get closer to the presidential election in November.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My truck is too sweet to let go, therefore I pay more, Thank Dubya, If you lack the intelligence to figure out whats happening I suggest you buy a Pinto.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My truck is too sweet to let go, therefore I pay more, Thank Dubya...
I too like my truck too much to let it go, so I'll continue to pay. Hopefully, we'll see some relief soon!

....If you lack the intelligence to figure out whats happening I suggest you buy a Pinto.
?.......:dunno:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oil actually dropped a bit today to $111/barrel, down from 120+ (I forget what the record is), which is nice.

In terms of the truck market, I would theorize that people who merely drove these trucks "because they like them" and don't do any towing/hauling will get rid of them. A larger supply of them pushes prices down. With really attractive used truck prices, fewer people will buy new trucks, and manufacturers will have to really push them. While I understand a lot of the reasons for loaded trucks costing near 60k, manufacturers have to start lowering the amount of profit they make on the trucks in order to continue selling them....

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I see oodles and oodles of diesel trucks flooding the local used lots. obviously the cost of fuel is efecting people. esp the ones that dont really need a big diesel truck. problem is now the dealerships are loaded with diesel trucks and they are still trying to get blue book for them! and the dealers around her DO NOT GO DOWN ON LISTED PRICE!

the market saturation is not going in the direction I was hoping it would so Im still waiting to buy a superduty. :(

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yea, im one of those people who doesnt need a diesel, I just like them. Ive got mine listed but if I dont sell it I dont really care. I can afford it. It would be a nice payment to get rid of though.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i got 1 cuz ive wanted 1...itz my baby, besides my g/f of course...LoL...i dont plan on gettin rid of it at all...luv my truck, just not the fuel prices !!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
price for a used truck might go down but the factory in louisville has an order bank of around 80,000 right now for the super duty. there are a lot of fleet sales in this number but to compare it to the explorer plant where i work across town we have about a 5,000 order bank. i am laid off now for the 4th week this year already and losing a shift in july. Kentucky truck (i have heard rumors) has plans for adding a third shift. so if you wont pay 60k someone will evidently. they may be fuel hogs but they are selling.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I think truck prices will pretty much stay where they are, unless the cost diesel goes through the roof- like $6 or $7 a gallon. ... Remember that this surge in oil prices is a "bubble" and like all past "bubbles" (housing market, tech stocks, etc.), it will burst and when it does, the prices at the pump will drop like a lead ballon. Now I'm not saying diesel will return to under $2/gallon, but I'd bet it goes under $3. We'll know more as we get closer to the presidential election in November.
I don't even feel like I need to say anything on this thread cause you pretty much summed it up! At least that's my hopes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a buddy that just bought a new FX4 that stickered for 51,500. He ultimately paid 37,000 for the truck without much fuss. Try getting the same percentage knocked off of the purchase of a Prius or a Civic hybrid. They absolutely are NOT dealing on high mileage vehicles right now. Simply because we (the public) have determined that there's no need to based on our willingness to snatch them up. Supply and demand is the driving force and that said, trucks that cost 50 grand will NOT ever see a window sticker with a 20,000 dollar upcharge.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've been trying to sell mine for a couple months. I can't even get any bites at 3 grand under trade in. Trade in on mine is a little over 30k. I listed it at 28 and then 27k and didn't get a single call. I'm one of the ones that doesn't need a diesel. I do need a full size long bed truck, though. I'd like to sell mine, but I won't take a 10k loss on it just to sell it. I'll just park it and only drive it when I can bill the fuel to somebody else.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Demand for oil will increase the cost to over $250 per barrel we are suffering with a weak dollar and growing world demand for oil.
Don't be tellin everyone how you feel, other wise it will come true. All the speculations are self fulfilling prophesies. When people said it would hit 100 a barrel, it did, they said it would hit 110 a barrel and it did, they said 120, and guess what, it did. People need to either STFU or start speculating massive drops in the price of a barrel. Maybe it'll come true.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts