Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forums. Just recently built a flatbed for my '04 F-250. However when I took my bed off I didn't think about keeping the wire harness for the brake lights. What I need to know is if there is a diagram that shows me what color what wire does in the brake harness that is attached to my truck's frame. Attached is a picture of what I am going to tap into. Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hey guys. New to the forums. Just recently built a flatbed for my '04 F-250. However when I took my bed off I didn't think about keeping the wire harness for the brake lights. What I need to know is if there is a diagram that shows me what color what wire does in the brake harness that is attached to my truck's frame. Attached is a picture of what I am going to tap into. Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did you ever figure this question out? I'm working on the same thing but trying to get a complete flatbed harness for my cab and chassis truck

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Wertzy has one post and has not been on the board since Aug of 2017. I'd like to see closure on this but.....

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
IMHO, anyone with a cab & chassis related question - like the most recent questioner @TLizotte7396) - should start by going to what is called the Body Builder Layout Books. Ford produces one for each model year to help ambulance, shuttle bus, and related builders finish out their products.
@TLizotte7396 doesn't say for what vehicle he is searching for info. His profile says that he has a 2015 F350. If that's it, this is the link to the 2015 Body Builder Layout Book:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2015/maintoc.html

Trailer/Tow Wiring is a standard choice within the Layout Books.

If the vehicle of interest is not the '15 F350, a quick Google search with the term "20XX ford body builder layout book pdf" oughta find it.

It doesn't appear that the OP had a cab & chassis vehicle. As such, that person needs to go to the standard docs appropriate for the '04.

I have an '04. Attached to this post and the next are the (8) documents describing the pinout of every connector on an '04.

The OP's connectors of interest are shown *somewhere* in these documents. I have no idea where. I'm fine if I never know. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.