Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with my E99. I'm having problem with my blinkers. I have replaced the stock and the blinker relay but still no luck getting them to work.

So today I got serious and took the dash apart to trace wires and test them with a meter. So it seams that I have power getting to the stock. I then checked to see if the signal would get out to the front blinker bulbs it tested positive for continuity. I think that there might be a problem with my ground wire because when I check the continuity between the signal wire and ground wire it test positive. I tested the rear lights and there is no continuity between the signal and ground wire, witch I assume is the way it's supposed to be.

So my question is there a point where the wires tend to chafe in the engine bay? I have been driving around with no blinkers for like 8 months and it's driving me crazy not having working blinkers or hazard lights.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Stupid question but did you check fuses? Also I believe that harness runs under the driver door sill. If you pull up the trim in the door jamb there is a big harness there. I think they run through there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Was it working prior to replacement? If so, it might be a defective unit. Quality control from China is non-existent.

If you want to run it as-is move to California. No one down here uses their blinker anyways 🙂

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I checked the fuses under the dash, is a fuse under the hood I should check? It's a Motorcraft relay, it's possible that it's bad, can someone point me in the direction of how to check the relay that'd be great.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I finally got this figured out. It was a fuse issue, it appears that a previous owner may have had a power tap off one of the fuses for the blinkers. The tarp spread the prongs of the fuse block out a bit so the fuse wasn't always making proper contact causing the flasher relay to go bad.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts