Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought our 2004 F350 King Ranch and tried hooking up our brake controller to the harness under the dash. Here's the problem: The wires under the dash were clipped; I found the red, blue, white and black, along with some other wires that were capped off (don't know what they're for). Then I checked under the hood; the wires are clipped there too!!!!

Here's my question: where do the wires under the hood go? Did they plug into a module of some kind? The reason I ask is because the power steering reservoir bracket has two holes on it, and it looks like there was something that was supposed to be attached to it, and the towing wires look just about long enough to have connected to whatever might have been there.

If I can get the parts I need, I can put it back to the way it was supposed to be.

Thanks for the answers.

Fred

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE

So I looked under the dash and found a harness, located next to the turn signal/hazard relay, that wasn't plugged into anything. I took a test light to the individual wires: red was constant hot, green was hot with brake pedal depressed, white and blue...nothing. Here are pics of the plug, as well as the wires that are clipped under the dash and hood.

BTW, if anyone knows what the wires are that are capped and with the wires that are clipped (blue w/yellow stripe, yellow w/white stripe and green w/white stripe), please let me know.

Fred

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can get a harness that fits that one in the first pic or just clipem and wire by color. Those factory hangin wires are for other accesories.:thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So those blue/red/white/black wires hanging under the hood and dash are there from the factory like that???? What's their purpose? I put a test light to them and none are hot.

As for the factory harness, do I order it from my local stealership, or can I get it online?

Fred

·
Registered
13 Posts
Those 4 capped wires are put in by ford for you to add accessories later, thay are just 4 wires already run through the firewall, actually quite handy, as for the plug you should be able to buy one at any trailer or rv store, and definately get one, for the money it is not worth splicing into the wires. the connector was $12 or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts