Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 f250. Last f250 I wired my radio to it was all fuzzy and got a loud whine in the radio that went with the rpms. Don't want to cheaply rig it, want to do it right. Any help?

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Where is it grounded at?
Where are you getting power at?

If you go all the way to the battery you should not get the whine.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
2005 f250. Last f250 I wired my radio to it was all fuzzy and got a loud whine in the radio that went with the rpms. Don't want to cheaply rig it, want to do it right. Any help?
Come on man. This is supposed to be a family web site for ALL to comfortably come and get together to talk over trucks. That kind of stupidity (even though you left out a letter) is not cool or needed. You could have worded your question a dozen different way's and got your point across.
Even though I had nothing to do with this I'd like to say Im sorry to who ever read this and got offended. Hopefully a MOD will stroll by and delete this.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Come on man. This is supposed to be a family web site for ALL to comfortably come and get together to talk over trucks. That kind of stupidity (even though you left out a letter) is not cool or needed. You could have worded your question a dozen different way's and got your point across.
Even though I had nothing to do with this I'd like to say Im sorry to who ever read this and got offended. Hopefully a MOD will stroll by and delete this.
Completely agree with you Kinnisoj!

Reezy, do everyone a favor and edit your post to change that! You might want to think about what you type, especially since you are asking for help.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Yea he could have picked a better way to describe not wanting to do a crappy job but I got his point and have heard it a thousand times. It's a ( word ) that's it.
I feel that it has been taken to a level that has become ridicules.

As far as your cb goes get the wiring to the battery to keep all the dash lights and electronic fields out of the reception. Your coax line to antenna should also be kept clear of power wires.
If it still whines you may need to go to Radio Shack and get a power filter for the positive line.
Probably should change your post too.
Good Luck with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, I am sorry for the way I worded it. Wasn't thinking. I appreciate this website and just was dumb. Appreciate the help and advice, even though I came off arrogant.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Well done, post up the final result. CB's can be tough because of frequency band.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Reezy, what you need is a ground loop isolator. They are sold at just about all Radio Shack.
What you are having is called alternator whine. If you go onto ask.com and type in engine noise on cb radio their is a ton of info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reezy, what you need is a ground loop isolator. They are sold at just about all Radio Shack.
What you are having is called alternator whine. If you go onto ask.com and type in engine noise on cb radio their is a ton of info.
Would a local truck stop have one? And also I'm putting un a marine radio for coyotes hunt this winter. Would that interfere with each other?

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Ground looping is caused by multiple grounds in different locations causing back feeding from other devices. Affects from it is humming buzz, charging static from alt etc.
buy enough wire to go to the battery and avoid all of it.
Stereo systems are the same. You most likely won't need power filters if wired up properly.
Ground it near where you mount it CBC you will have issues. Pull power from main fuse panel and you have same problem.

Straight to battery + and -

Look at my pics in profile, I know what I'm talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts