Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
08 F450
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have the turbos out, I've been doing some general clean up and maintenance of wires and other odds and ends. Mainly checking for rubbing wear, rewrapping with electrical tape, looking for various leaks, wiping stuff down, etc.

Well, over between my passenger battery and cold air intake, I found these wires just hanging out. I followed the cable, and it goes back into the firewall, and is worn down to copper at one point along the way. Anyone have an idea what they're for? Colors are brown, light blue, light green (I think) and yellow, which is the only thing running anywhere, going to ground by the washer fluid reservoir cap

Automotive tire Wood Organism Finger Bicycle tire

My best guess is one of the alt circuits under the dash, but that's a super long shot in the dark.

·
Registered
08 F450
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After your reply I retraced it. It goes the length of the truck and merges with a bundle for the trailer wire hookups. No idea why they did that, looks like they did it just for ground, unless there's other wires right nearby for turn signals and breaks.

If so, let me know and I'll start ohming stuff out to hook it up correctly and repairing the bundle. Because it looks like junk.
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
349 Posts
They may have added wiring for power jack or something along those lines or if they were having a problem with the built in brake controller or wiring and decided to add their own instead of fixing the problem. I wouldn’t worry with it/remove it if your current trailer wiring etc all works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts