Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lift 4.5 lift finally goes on this Thursday and I'm going to run 35's with it. I keep looking at my 20x10 Fuels just sitting there and its killing me to not put them on with winter coming. So my question is for those of you who live in an area like I do (Pittsburgh) where Penndot and the townships arnt afraid of using their fair share of salt and cinders do you just go for it and run your wheels or do you use a winter set? And if you do, what do you use to protect them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
I live in SWPa. Leave them in the garage till spring! They will look that much better in the sunshine!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I live just south of you guys in Clarksburg, WV. I used my stock wheels and put some 35's on them and use them as my winter set. You def want to keep the new wheels in the garage. If you keep the new wheels on, once it starts snowing, and the salt and grim gets all over your wheels, you will have to be at the car wash and or your house with the water hose keeping them clean. PITA, so just keep em in the garage and around April time frame, put them on!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live just south of you guys in Clarksburg, WV. I used my stock wheels and put some 35's on them and use them as my winter set. You def want to keep the new wheels in the garage. If you keep the new wheels on, once it starts snowing, and the salt and grim gets all over your wheels, you will have to be at the car wash and or your house with the water hose keeping them clean. PITA, so just keep em in the garage and around April time frame, put them on!
I'm glad you chimed in oneton. I've been checking your truck out like crazy bud. Love the what you have done.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm glad you chimed in oneton. I've been checking your truck out like crazy bud. Love the what you have done.

Thanks dantry. Yea I try like hell to keep it clean. As it gets cold it seems that I keep it on the back burner. I still have my "spring/summer/fall" wheels on, and just waiting to put my stockers back on. So, yea, def leave the stockers on for now. It will def be worth the wait. Or, if you did want to run the new ones now, just have a good location that you can do a quick swap out before oh mother winter sets in!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Central PA here and I leave the chrome 22's in the garage starting the day after Thanksgiving. I actually purchased a cheap set of painted moto metal 20x10's and mounted a set of duratracs for the winter.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good deal. I figure ill start keeping my eyes open for a cheap used set of atleast 18x9 or 20x10 for the future for winter wheels. I dropped the truck off at the shop to get the lift installed this afternoon. Kinda am starting to feel like a kid before Christmas. Hoping to get through work tomorrow and go straight out to pick it up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Put a good sealant or wax on your wheels and wash em frequently and you should be okay.

Winter here is too damn long, I'm not willing to live with ugly stock wheels for 8 months of the year. Duratracs are GREAT in snow anyways, they're actually winter rated. They've got the little snowflake on the sidewall.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I run my stock KR wheels with 35 atzs for the winter to not mess up my American forces

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good deal. I figure ill start keeping my eyes open for a cheap used set of atleast 18x9 or 20x10 for the future for winter wheels. I dropped the truck off at the shop to get the lift installed this afternoon. Kinda am starting to feel like a kid before Christmas. Hoping to get through work tomorrow and go straight out to pick it up.

Dantry, any updates to the lift? Can't wait to see it. The only thing that sucks with using my stock wheels on 35's, I'm going from 37's and 22's to 35 and 20's. Going to look a lil odd, but hey, gotta keep the 22's clean!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts