Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a tune for winter something that shuts down the egr valve and heats up quick if that is possible. got erics x street but it's way to wild for snow ... maybe a nice tow? anyone run the any of the spartans tunes during winter in cooold winter? darn canadian winters.

·
Registered
703 Posts
ive read that most guys just run a tow tune in the winter, I believe all of Eric's tunes have the EGR closed anyway, I push snow so ill run his tow tune for sure this winter.

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Yeah, I think all Eric's tunes disable the EGR valve. I run my street tune year round, unless I'm pulling something. The tune I have doesn't lock the TC though, that's what will get you in trouble in the snow and ice :nod:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have a 60hp tune I am going to run once it snows....thats the same hp I ran all last winter.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I needed a winter tune as well so I ordered the "street plus" tune from Bill at Dfuser. He said he rates it at about 100 hp and can still tow 5K. Its sweeet ive been runnin it since I got it!Its not as powerful as my xtreme tunes but it is still a very quick tune that isnt quite as hard on the truck, I wanna see my truck hit those high miles someday. The only thing I had to change was the shift firmness but thats no big deal. I also wanna mention awesome customer service, I called and Bill picked up the first time and I had my tune in about 30 mins.

2,850 Posts
So it would be good to run on say a 60 tow tune? I fired mine up this morning (38*) on the 140 and it didn't want to go. I didn't expect it to get cold so quick :doh:.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
I will go to the Tow tune or even back to the dreaded stock tune if the snow gets bad enough. But then again they don't know how to plow here. My x race would be a bit much in the snow and ice.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
What kind of mpg are you guys getting with erics extreme tow? only about 8 mpg here. I too was wondering which tune to use for plowing snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts