Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my trucks going in tomorrow for tint and im pretty sure I want to go with a tint visor on the windshield. I searched and didnt find too much does anybody have some pics of what it will look like? Does it affect your view much at all? Thanks in advance! :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
At first it is real obvious but after a week you won't even see it any more. It's one of the first things I do with my trucks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just had my front windows and the tint strip done the other day I waited while they did it, they came over and asked me how low I wanted it. My old truck had it done it didn't bother me but my buddy with a dodge had his done and it was to low for me and it bothered me

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the pictures I definitely like how they look!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and who runs 20 percent tint? Im pretty sure thats what I want I just want to know how bad it affects your visibility at night

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have mine done up too. But it's about a three foot visor........ It's 30%. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1351035521.585686.jpg all the side windows are rolled down FYI.

And 30% on the front is kinda dark. But with HIDs it looks like normal lights with no tint.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
My eyebrow strip is 5%. The windows are 20%.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My eyebrow strip is 5%. The windows are 20%.
Thats the exact set up I was thinking about going for. Do you have any trouble seeing out the windows at night to park?

·
Registered
613 Posts
was thinking about going for an eyebrow myself, never thought of going 5%. Will it enhance your front window tint? I got 20% to match like ive always done on my vehicles but they look really light, maybe its because the f250 has a huge windshield and more light gets in?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Always do eye brows with 5%, helps darken the whole inside of the truck. Sit in the truck while they slide the tiny down to your liking. Legal length is where the sa1 line is on each side of the windshield by the piller. Mine is about 5" below the sa1 line

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yea i might go lower myself on account of how large the windshield is. I have a specific tint shop thats tinted all my vehicles since day one. Ill run it by him and see what he thinks is a good width for the strip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
confused, help..

I am looking to pay for my boyfriend's eyebrow tint..I was hoping someone could tell me, can I just take it to a normal tinting place and they will know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I got one and love it on my excursion. It's 2% tint.

My front doors are 5% ontop of 30% and the rest is 2% ontop of 20%

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
I believe the strip on the windshield can't be greater than 5 or 6". This is what my truck came with with the maximum legal Texas tint. It was also legal for import into Canada. I believe the overall tint for import is at 50% light transmittance but as low as 35% for some windows. For trucks, the rear windows can even be darker. It does take some getting used to looking out the side windows, it makes the sky look smokey, especially when it is partly cloudy. Same for night, but car light are easily seen. The best part is the reduced heat in the truck when parked. This is a picture of the truck before I bought it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up going with 20 on my windows with a 5% brow. Most shops should know what you are talking about. My guy put kind of an arch on it. Im really glad I got it. It was only 20 bucks extra and it really helps with the sun and it looks pretty B.A. Here is a pic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts