Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Alright like the title says, i want your opions on visors. i got two roomates and a girlfriend who say it'll look gay a **** but me, my bro and cousin think it looks amazing. ive looked at threads but theres mixed feelings about them. also would the lights in the visor look better or cab lights behing the visor?? i'm full of questions but basically im trying to settle this ordeal. also links to where i can get one would be fantastic :icon_ford:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I like them but I dont get any support on that either.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I think they look ugly as chit, but to each their own...

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
no on the visor... they look retarded.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Not on my truck. Too gay for me. :supergay: Sorry.
BUT
It is your truck - do what you want with it. :thumb:

Shawn

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
See, not mush support.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I say no aswell. But its your truck and you should build it how YOU want !

Jeff

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like em. they are alright on SDs but i think they look good obs OBS trucks. I think it also looks better if you don have clearance lights on the truck either. The moon visors with the built in LEDs are nice.
My buddies 91 Bronco

92 f150

95 f350

On a SuperDuty

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See, not mush support.
ya i know what ya mean!! alright guys...valid point on the holes in the cab if i ever decide to take it off IF i get one. anyone had any trouble with high winds or interstate speeds with visors? i hear that if they arent on good they can seem really flimsy. again thanks for your input:thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
i like mine on my OBS. it has the built in lights. i'd say do it if you like it. **** everyone else. it aint their truck

·
Registered
902 Posts
i think it depends on the truck. but id say go for it

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
ya i know what ya mean!! alright guys...valid point on the holes in the cab if i ever decide to take it off IF i get one. anyone had any trouble with high winds or interstate speeds with visors? i hear that if they arent on good they can seem really flimsy. again thanks for your input:thumb:
They can vibrate or whistle. Some "bug defectors" on the hood lip can set up weird air currents that will create a whistle or hissing noise at highway speed.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Like I said earlier, to each their own... If you like it, rock it out. Don't worry about what others say.

I've got a buddy with an early '99. It's got a visor and factory cab lights. He loves the way it looks. I think different. But the trick of the whole deal is, it's HIS truck. That's the way you ought to look at it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I like the way that they look on the OBS. Not a big fan of them on the new body style though. Like everyone else said, go with what you think you'd like. We're not driving your truck nor will we judge you? Haha, go for it if its how you want your truck to look

·
Registered
316 Posts
They can vibrate or whistle. Some "bug defectors" on the hood lip can set up weird air currents that will create a whistle or hissing noise at highway speed.
I didn't think about that on the visor. I have a bug deflector on the hood, and it makes the side mirrors vibrate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I really like the way the look, I paid $60 for a used lund moon visor, spent $150 to get it paint matched and its been laying in my garage since last may because i haven't got up the courage yet to drill holes in my roof.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts