Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new windshield tomorrow from Safelite and the online order tool is saying I will need a 300.00 recalibration for the camera. I put in the vin and I do have the auto wiper function but my camera is on the grill. Has anyone had there windshield done and if so am I missing something? I have searched and can't see anything showing I need anything recalibrated for my cameras to work. I have the Lariat Ultimate package with all the cameras.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Curious about the outcome of this, I have the sensor on my Jeep. Not sure how the sensor works, but I would not think it is a camera

Infrared or ultrasonic

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Do you have lane-keeping alert?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Im interested in this too. I have a nice crack in the bottom middle going off to the passenger side. I am trying to hold off on replacing it. If the crack is just the outside pane is there any risk of leak? I don't have the lane departure warning. Is that what drives the recalibration?

Edit. I just checked out satellite.com and it is 280 without the lane departure and 340 with lane departure according to the website. I don't know if that changes for different locations.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have lane-keeping alert

Yes but it just lets you know if you cross the lines and works off the side mirrors camera. Unless this is something different.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Do you have lane-keeping alert

Yes but it just lets you know if you cross the lines and works off the side mirrors camera. Unless this is something different.
The camera for the lane departure system is on the back side of the mirror. That’s why it needs to be recalibrated. The cameras on the side mirrors are part of the BLISS system.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’m about to have my third replacement windshield on my 2018 F350 limited. I go through my glass package policy so I only have to pay $100 but I got to see the invoice the dealership or glass shop sent to my insurance. Both times I have not seen recalibration on the invoice. Just a simple window replacement. Invoice from the dealer was $900 and the glass shop was a little cheaper around the $800 range.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Total price was 555.42 and no calibration needed.
Only difference I notice so far in this windshield and original was the Kentucky plant sticker. Hopefully this one will last more than 20,000 miles haha.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had the windshield on my 2017 replaced within the first 30 days of ownership (in 2017). Mine as the lane assist and windshield rain detection thingy and didn't have to recalibrate. Works fine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Update for anyone interested.

I just had my windshield replaced again and here is the paperwork. The dealer did do a $225CAD calibration according to their paperwork. I have a $100 deductible for road hazard glass so basically I don’t clean my windshield, I just get it replaced (joking of course)

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Getting a new windshield tomorrow from Safelite and the online order tool is saying I will need a 300.00 recalibration for the camera. I put in the vin and I do have the auto wiper function but my camera is on the grill. Has anyone had there windshield done and if so am I missing something? I have searched and can't see anything showing I need anything recalibrated for my cameras to work. I have the Lariat Ultimate package with all the cameras.
I have a 17 Lariat Ultimate 360 cameras, lane departure, Bliss, adaptive cruise and have never had a re-calibration have had 3 windshield replaced, and everything works as it should. Insurance company wanted it to go to the dealer, dealer talked to them and said not required.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a 17 Lariat Ultimate 360 cameras, lane departure, Bliss, adaptive cruise and have never had a re-calibration have had 3 windshield replaced, and everything works as it should. Insurance company wanted it to go to the dealer, dealer talked to them and said not required.
Just cause the dealer put the re-calibration on my invoice, doesn’t mean they actually did it. Lol. I would bet nothing was done. It was through insurance so it was free money for them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have been through 2 windshields now. they do say it needs to be calibrated but if they don't do it, it works just fine still. a "recalibration" is connecting a computer and hitting a button. then it will relearn as you drive for the first 15-30 minutes. it should be done above 30mph i believe and on a clear day so it can see the lines. this can also be done through forscan in the service functions. if your out of pocket you can skip it and do it later if something isn't working right or do it in forscan. for scan adapter is 80-100 bucks so id say worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts