Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used that window tint stuff from autozone does it work and what kind do i need for my rear winder thanks

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
That stuff sucks if you dont do it alot. Trey I would have it professionally done. For your truck it should be less than $200 bucks. I had mine done about 2 months ago. Will go snap a pic now:thumb:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
yeah trey I would have it done professionaly its too easy to screw up, cost me 100 to have all four of my windows done

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just need the rear done i am gonna attempt it :nod: if not its 20 bucks

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Get the spray that they sell also. It will give you a little more time to get the bubbles out

·
Registered
198 Posts
i used that stuff on my last truck and it came out ok. just have a nice sharp razor knife to trim, and deffinately buy the spray stuff the sell, i used just regular soap and i had a hell of a time getting the edges to stick cuz the soap left a film..

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have it all around on my truck and its perfectly fine. Just make sure you have you a couple brand new sharp razor blades and get the tint solution. It will make your life easier.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
You may get it on just fine but in a couple years you will be pissed you didn't get the good stuff. It will get all nice and purple... LOL...

Good luck, I hate tinting windows...

·
Registered
273 Posts
i hate that ****. theres a little ghetto shop near me that caters to ricers and imports, i the little white boy out of place walked in there and was like think you could tint my truck? youd be surprised the people you meet. great guys and they did a hell of a job on my regular cab. did the rear slider and the front two all with 15% for $125 and the cuts are all crisp and tight to the top, with no gaps. look around its worth it to pay.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just a little advice let a shop like TEXAN TINTERS do it we use llumar film and all of our jobs come with a nation wide lifetime warrenty.If you do decide to do it youself man just use baby shampoo and water thats how we install it.Man that autozone stuff will turn different colors and start to delaminate in about a year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
have it professionally done or buy some good performance film. I just had my extended cab done with 5% performance tint in the back and 30% on the roll ups for 125

1 - 12 of 12 Posts