Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99.5 Lariet and the power window on the passenger side is very slow and even stops half way down. I replaced the window motor but I still have the same problem. What else could cause this problem? I was thinking the voltage regulator because the drivers side door lock actuator works some of the time but it doesn't always go all the way down. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
19,759 Posts
Believe it or not, some silicon spray down in the window track may help.

I was getting the slow window thing too. Someone on here suggested putting the windows down all the way, spraying the silicon spray in the tracks and then operate the windows. The windows started operating correctly. Had to clean the glass afterward due to overspray, but it worked for me. Might want to give it a try.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I did try your suggestion but I'm still having the problem. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I have a 99.5 Lariet and the power window on the passenger side is very slow and even stops half way down. I replaced the window motor but I still have the same problem. What else could cause this problem? I was thinking the voltage regulator because the drivers side door lock actuator works some of the time but it doesn't always go all the way down. Anyone have any ideas?
I would check the switches themselves. Run 12Vs directly to your window motor going thru the harness from the switch to the motor and see what happens. Same thing with your PL setup. Bypass the switch and see if your PL/PW works properly. If it does you might have a short, bad switches or a ground problem somewhere else and not in that part of the circuit. You will also know if your electric window motor/PL guy is working correctly too. A Powerpoint guy works very well for this job.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Also check that the tracks in the door don't have dirt or other matter in them. If the glass seems to be binding in the tracks, there is usually a bit of leeway in the track mounting holes to the door, so you could loosen the bolts/nuts and reposition the track to give the glass some clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts