Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced both the driver and passenger side window motors on my 96 f350 they work but I can’t get the windows to roll up. It seems the gears on the motor aren’t catching on the gears that roll the window up and down. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
The plastic "dogs" that drive the regulator may have gone bad (disintegrated). They are usually available in the "HELP!" section at auto parts places (if they still sell them). If it's not those maybe something is wrong with the regulator itself, Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic "dogs" that drive the regulator may have gone bad (disintegrated). They are usually available in the "HELP!" section at auto parts places (if they still sell them). If it's not those maybe something is wrong with the regulator itself, Cheers!
I actually replaced both of them. They are brand new. They turn so that tells me they are working. But my windows still will not roll up or down. I can look inside the door and see the gears turning but it’s not catching the gears on the window assembly that move it up and down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts