Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Will this allow me to delete?

3K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  jwbeav 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out if this is the right tuner to do the deletes. I know it doesnt with out custom tunes but if I add IDP custum tunes will it then allow me to delete?

SCT SF3 Power Pre-Programmed Flash Device

#2 ·
That is the 3015, you need the 3015r. They are very hard to find but I think River City Diesel has a few left for $999...plus they require you to buy a delete pipe ($220) or exhaust with the tuner. There is also a guy on here selling a Mini Maxx for $1300 which is a good price.

I like the SCT 3015r as you can run custom tunes from Gearhead, KEM, IDP, RCD, etc. without having to purchase the MCC software. You can't adjust tunes on the fly but I haven't needed to do so anyway.

Nice looking ride by the way...

#3 ·
I already have the tuner which is the 3015. I am just wondering why it would give me the option to upgrade to custom tunes under the 3015

#7 ·
You can load custom tunes with the 3015, they just won't turn the regeneration/egr off.

#8 ·
I messed up a bought the 3015 second hand and ordered gearhead tunes. Needless to say my truck wont start until i find the right programmer. I put my delete exhaust on first before I figured this out

#11 ·
Yes, I believe so. I can't understand why they don't mention that!

Funny, I did the same thing but tried to combine the SCT 3015 with the Gearbox Z DPFR tuner to shut off the Regen. Long story short it didn't work as they wouldn't stack so I bit the bullet and got the "r" version. My SCT 3015 will be on here for sale shortly and I will watch to see how much yours sells for.

#15 ·
I liked everything about the 6.7. I like to constantly mod my trucks and I was scared to do much more than tuner on the 6.7. Just seems like there is so much more you can do to a 6.4

#17 ·
I ran the race tune from gearhead. I had a spartan and livewire and found myself leaving it on the gearhead tune because I liked it the best. I would rather gearhead but I was trying to find something that would work on the 3015

#18 ·
There is only one option I know of, Mike Schimmack. He writes tunes for Rudy's and offers 5 levels of tunes for $300. I think he used to write tunes for SCT and Superchips. His email is mikestuning@yahoo.com. He has a basic tow tune, street tune, performance, and two race tunes. I just didn't feel comfortable as there weren't any reviews of his tunes and my truck is sort of my life. If you get on ebay and type in SCT 3015r it will pull you up to an SCT 3015 with his tunes with DPF/EGR delete. He is able to write the regen delete into the tune somehow, the rest of the companies (IDP, Gearhead, etc.) are trying to keep uncle Obama off their case I believe.

I am very impressed with my Gearhead street tune and like you I like to tinker. That is why I am trying the RCD 450 tune...that and it was only $75!

#19 ·
Yeah i was looking at those on ebay but skeptical because i didnt reconize the tunning. Let me know how you like the rcd 450. I might have to try it out also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.