Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 1995 F350 with a 7.3 which has 3 bad injectors. He recently got a complete longblock out of a 99' with about 50k miles on it and to the best of our knowlege all the injectors were good (truck was totaled and he got motor on trade). My question is, will the injectors out of the 99' 7.3 work in his 95? If not what are the differences between the two making them not work. Any input would be appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well Im not exactly 100% on everything here, but you got single shot injectors in your 95, and split shots in the 99 motor..I myself am a 99.5 owner.
To run singles in a newer motor you need custom tunes to make up for timing and such..I would imagine it is visa-versa and would go either way..Just giving you an idea.
I am new on here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Im not exactly 100% on everything here, but you got single shot injectors in your 95, and split shots in the 99 motor..I myself am a 99.5 owner.
To run singles in a newer motor you need custom tunes to make up for timing and such..I would imagine it is visa-versa and would go either way..Just giving you an idea.
I am new on here.
Thanks for the help anyway. I am sure someone will chime in that knows. He is getting the 95 ready to sell and we were hoping we could rob 3 from the spare motor. He wanted me to ask on here before he gets some rebuilts.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am almost 100% that they woont work. The 95 will have like 90 cc injectors vs 120 cc for the 99. Im sure someone will chime in. Heres a bump for you anyway!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
they will work BUT you need to have your computer re flashed for the split shot programming and you have to replace all 8 injectors, you cannot just swap out 3. I would just have them rebuild the ones that came with the truck

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
:ditto: to ryan. They will work but you will HAVE to reflash the ecm or have a chip burnt to recognize the split shot injectors PLUS the 15* hpop you have will be lagging a tad to push those newer injectors.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they will work BUT you need to have your computer re flashed for the split shot programming and you have to replace all 8 injectors, you cannot just swap out 3. I would just have them rebuild the ones that came with the truck

Before I even read this post I told him the same exact thing. I told him that they may work but all 8 would need replaced and the truck would need to be tuned. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
One of the custom tuners could write programs that inable to injectors to work. I wouldnt want to go to split shots though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
it will run fine on single shot programming. I had a 97 that i swapped some AB splitshots into and it was A ok, now if you swap singles into a splitshot programmed truck it will not run right.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They run fine on the single shot tunes. It will have more power if you get a tune.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
52 Posts
:ditto: to ryan. They will work but you will HAVE to reflash the ecm or have a chip burnt to recognize the split shot injectors PLUS the 15* hpop you have will be lagging a tad to push those newer injectors.
I'm using a 2000 long block in my 1997 and the long block didn't have injectors, so I'm swapping in my old ones. Will the 17 degree swash plate HPOP throw any codes or should I stick with the 15 degree? If anything, I'm thinking it will help out at hihg RPMs.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'm using a 2000 long block in my 1997 and the long block didn't have injectors, so I'm swapping in my old ones. Will the 17 degree swash plate HPOP throw any codes or should I stick with the 15 degree? If anything, I'm thinking it will help out at hihg RPMs.
You should be fine if your using your 97 computer.:thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, thats what I was figuring.

Pretty much the only thing that will be from the 2000 is the block, heads, fuel bowl and pump.

FYI: The second generation block has the hole for the mechanical lift pump, but no lobe on the camshaft. So i'm gonna use the electric pump and second generation fule bowl and lines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts