Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ford Powerstrokers! Starting to look at diesel harder now, ran across this Gem: 90 F350 Crewcab Its located about 4 miles from my house, whats the negatives that I should concern my self with? I am working construction right now, need a dependable rig that can tow a utility trailer during the week and then tow 7K of ATVs on the weekends but still be a dependable DD.

Will this cut the bill? Dad had a 86 F150 XL back in the day, bought it new with a 5 speed in it, that truck minus the emissions BS was a tank!

Can I expect the same? Might call for details tomorrow and go snopping after they close!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
thats REAL expensive...i just bought my 99SD with a 6spd manual for 7995$ you can get a SD for pretty cheap these days because of diesel prices. and mine only had 103,000 miles

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
for 7k I'd find me a turbo truck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh that place ain't getting that price, maybe 4200 or less according to both NADA and KBB. I wouldn't pay that price even if the motor was new and the tranny was new and it had every option available for that year, its just not worth it. But for 4K is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
how many miles? what options? i think you should know the non-turbo 7.3's are REAL slugs.. there really slow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know the options other than its AT and AC. I have driven the 7.3 N/A and they are a slug, hard to maintain 55. Oh well guess its back to the Diesel waiting board!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i looked for 6 months before i found mine a got a great deal on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup I have been waiting for almost 2 years now, reading, learning and looking for my new Diesel. Soon it will happen, thanks for the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts