Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
i duno i would think so but call him or p.m. and see.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
You will get differing stories. I have been told that special tuning is necessary if you run Water/Meth to help keep things on the safe side. But to each his own. However if it were me, I would get tunes for it.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I am just running water only and I didn't get reburn...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Just for water you don't need anything special for tuning.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Up to 40% there is no jump in CP to need new tuning... Dont worry about it.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Comparing your last post about water/meth and the percentages that increase CP's, It just sounds like snake oil to me anymore.

I asked Jody and David Lott about it earlier this week and they both said stay away from it.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Comparing your last post about water/meth and the percentages that increase CP's, It just sounds like snake oil to me anymore.

I asked Jody and David Lott about it earlier this week and they both said stay away from it.

I have seen it on a dyno with Tadd and CP testing equitment... 20% there is little if anything, 30% is not bad, 40% is getting close to Propane range with higher HP settings...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
so stay away from the water/meth?
I would make a call to your tuner. I sent an email to Jody this last weekend asking about running water/meth to boost power. He specifically said he was not a fan of water/meth due to it advancing the timing and causing head gasket issues and/or bent rods. He went on to tell me if I was wanting more power to look at more air or more fuel.

I trust Jody with my truck. I am still on the first engine with 178K on it. I will not be running water with meth in it in my truck. I may look into water if I end up needing down the road for EGT's but not for a power adder.

Keep Strokin'

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I would make a call to your tuner. I sent an email to Jody this last weekend asking about running water/meth to boost power. He specifically said he was not a fan of water/meth due to it advancing the timing and causing head gasket issues and/or bent rods. He went on to tell me if I was wanting more power to look at more air or more fuel.

I trust Jody with my truck. I am still on the first engine with 178K on it. I will not be running water with meth in it in my truck. I may look into water if I end up needing down the road for EGT's but not for a power adder.

Keep Strokin'

Find me one truck that was running water meth that blew do to that... Even a PMR motor... NOT CLAM'S, thats not fair, he was mixing his own ****tails...:crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts