Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy want to race me or pull against me. He said he'll race for slips, or money. he has a 1/2 ton dodge with a 318 engine and it is lifted a bit and that he has oversize tires. it is a manual and he is putting a race shifter in this week. Its also a 4x4. When i race him i'll have my tony Wildman chip by then. You think i can beat him? That all i know about his truck, if i find out anything new i'll let you know

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
This guy want to race me or pull against me. He said he'll race for slips, or money. he has a 1/2 ton dodge with a 318 engine and it is lifted a bit and that he has oversize tires. it is a manual and he is putting a race shifter in this week. Its also a 4x4. When i race him i'll have my tony Wildman chip by then. You think i can beat him? That all i know about his truck, if i find out anything new i'll let you know
Well if you feel like owning a Dodge then race him otherwise take his lunch money instead :hehe:.......don't worry about the "race shifter" :tard:, unless he is a billy bad azz at shifting, even then the shifter is just too long.....why do you think guys in DHRA go for Autos instead :nod:

·
Registered
589 Posts
it never hurts to know exactly the competion is running. you dont want to find out he's spraying huge hp's of nitrous or something stupid your not expecting. better safe the well..... walking

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I think i can, wow i would love to shut his *** up. i never talk to him. My buddy works with him. I told him to ask more about the engine. If he has a lot done to the engine then i'll just tell him to get the tow rope and hook them back to back and have a tug a war. He said he'll kick my *** at that too. And how does he figure that? I'll get you posted

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
He should be okay.....I had a 2001 Dodge 4x4 1500 with 35's, lift, exhaust, CAI, programmer, gears, Hughes Tranny with Artcarr shifter, in high school and I tried to pick on 7.3's all the time and there was big difference in stock 7.3s and chipped 7.3s as I found out :doh:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Thanks. I think i can, wow i would love to shut his *** up. i never talk to him. My buddy works with him. I told him to ask more about the engine. If he has a lot done to the engine then i'll just tell him to get the tow rope and hook them back to back and have a tug a war. He said he'll kick my *** at that too. And how does he figure that? I'll get you posted
He'll be able to pull you :hehe::hehe:.......ask when you done drag racing him, if you should go get a trailer and that way you pull him across the finish line faster

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
put it on your street race tune, because you dont need to worry about egts. put your truck in 4x4 low, and maybe d, or 2 depeneds. and then hold the brake, let him start and then pull his traction away from him and your off.... but tug a war doesnt prove much, tell him to take it to the dirt and hook a sled.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
He has a no torque gasser versus a torqued up diesel.............in back to back i would not even mess with the chip until your done draggin his azz across town the first time, then give him one more chance,bump it up and rip the damn bumper off his truck.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
ya, or you could just yank his ***. i did that to a chevy he didnt like that

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
If your gonna pull him...lower you air pressure as far as possible...

Tug of war is more about "traction" than it is "torque"....

Lower the air in the tires for more contact pattern

·
Registered
27 Posts
i really dont see any worry in either scenario, the race may be close but the pull would just be his truck gettin hauled around like a tube on a bout. once you get the wildman programs then the race should be almost a given the lil V8 my friend has has no balls to it :icon_ford:

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
Don't yang him to hard his truck might fall apart :hehe::hehe::hehe: I'd race him make sure your on the left side so you can smoke his *** out too that should shut him up..

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should crush him unless he really has a lot of $$ in his engine.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I would race him but not do the tug of war thing, traction should be proven on a muddy hill lol :thumb:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
id just laugh at him, and tell him that his big bad truck scares you, and not do anything, i found that really really gets under peoples skin...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i dono if id race him with my dad's powerstroke. I cant imagine that it could be all that fast unless its blown with a HUGE shot of nitrus... but i put my pink slip on the line with my 2nd gen cummins with more torque than a train lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
All you got to do is put the parking brake on and that piece of crap cant pull you.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts