Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am having trouble finding a cab for a 08 F350, 4 door, moonroof. Had a guy tell me 05 and up will fit, but no one else seems to know. I would like to know before I go buy one. Thanks
:dunno:

·
Addicted to the Rattle
674 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anything behind the front quarterpanels changed between 99 and 2010. I do remember reading about an 08 front end being swapped onto a 99 or so, with some minor modifications, but I'm prett sure they're very similar at the very least.

Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Anything could be made to fit, I could put a ranchero body on an F-250 frame, but you also have to consider the wiring.

·
Banned
333 Posts
They look very close, but I'm noticing minor differences, and yes you will definitely have to change the inner structure for the front fenders. IE drill out spot welds and re weld on. Also the firewall where the wiring goes through is different so firewalls will need swapped from one to the other. Another thing I noticed (I'm part owner in a salvage yard I get to see alot of cool stuff :p) is that the back glasses in the 99-07 were just held in with a gasket. the newer ones actually have glue in ones. Sucks for anyone that smashes one out Also sucks for me, I hate heating those things and pulling out of glue when we sell.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Oh yeah also the 08-10 cabs, although bolting down in nearly the same place bolt from the bottom up, so don't have to rip out carpet to get the cab off like on the old ones... There's the extend of my knowledge.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Frame is different at the front on the P356 (08-10) than previous models.

08-10 will be the only ones that fit, directly.

You should still be able to buy them new. Last one I priced was really reasonable, brand new, came with 4 new doors on it, and primed.

You'd be very, very surprised at the price if you called on one, I bet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked on a new one months ago, dealer told me they could olny get current modle year cabs only. But a 0 10 cab should fit I will go talk to them again. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts