Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would an EGR Delete kit help or hurt my MPGs? I have an 06 F350 that is all stock right now. I want to get the SCT tuner and any other reasonably priced mods to help with the fuel economy. Up until now (93K Miles) I haven't had any trouble with it, but I just had to replace the oil cooler and EGR Delete on my 07 with 104K.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Well, to answer your question, no it will not help MPGs.

Here is my understanding as to why. The EGR recirculates exhaust gas back in to the cylinders. Without that "extra" gas in the cylinders you are going to be using more fuel per cylinder because the computer compensates for the "extra" gas not being there. The difference is negligible and the benefit to the engine far outweighs the slight drop in MPGs. What benefit you ask? The engine will run cleaner because it is not having dirty exhaust gas run back through it.

However, any drop in MPGs you notice from an EGR delete will be brought right back up with your SCT tuner and custom tunes.

I hope this helps! :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
egr is for emmissions. The best mpg is with clean cold(dense)air and hot engine. When elements are cold they are smaller ie 200 degree air could fill a 10 gal bucket 100 degree fill a 5 gal bucket. Dense fuel means more fuel, Dense air means more air and then seal,add heat and BOOM more power.:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
egr is for emmissions. The best mpg is with clean cold(dense)air and hot engine. When elements are cold they are smaller ie 200 degree air could fill a 10 gal bucket 100 degree fill a 5 gal bucket. Dense fuel means more fuel, Dense air means more air and then seal,add heat and BOOM more power.:D
You nailed that,:thumb:

·
Registered
453 Posts
yea clean air vs dirty air clean air is always better for your motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts