Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I was thinking if get stage ones but now I'm thinking I should just go for 2's if I'm gonna do it. But could I run them with a 17* from a superduty or do I need to buy an adrenaline or ect...

Guess I'll need a fuel system too eh

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
T500 is a 17* HPOP you need a pump with more volume, that requires either a swash plate change like the Adrenaline or larger pictons like a SRP1.1.

So get your inj's in and check the HPO# and % on the hot tunes, should be 3000psi under 50%..lower % the better.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Well does it have a 20* swash plate or pistons to increase volume..if not it is a 17* pump period...its science one of those mods are required to increase displacement period.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
T500 is a 17* HPOP you need a pump with more volume, that requires either a swash plate change like the Adrenaline or larger pictons like a SRP1.1.

So get your inj's in and check the HPO# and % on the hot tunes, should be 3000psi under 50%..lower % the better.
You do not need anymore than a T500 to feed stage 2's...

·
Registered
120 Posts
ive been running rosewood stage twos on a stock hpop for 10k now :icon_ford:

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Running and maintaining fuel pressure and HPO is different that making the engine run.
Hot tunes will demand more that a 17* will make in and a stock lift pump will also drop the fuel pressure..

Can you run..sure you can run with a worn out 15* and a 40psi fuel but you not going to make what the motor should be able to....just like you can run any Inj's on any turbo, HPOP and fuel system.

A 17* pump will not perform like one that has more displacement...its science either you understand the difference or you buy into marketing hype.

·
Registered
686 Posts
You can also look at the Diesel Site overdrive unit. There are a few different ratios you can get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts