Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just boguht a set of 08 20's with some toyo 37's on them. They are pretty worn. I have a 2.5 " kit on my truck. WIll I be able to use them for a few weeks until I get 35's or will they be too big to drive on my truck? t

·
Registered
490 Posts
If I remember correctly you have to trim the fender, fender liner and bumper to get anything larger than 35s to fit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I say you never know. All tires measure different my 35x12.5r20s are closer to 33.5-34. Your best bet is to bolt the fronts up and find out for yourself!!! And if its just the inner plastic thats easy to fix. Just pull the factory screws out close to the door and you can push that plastic back far and the screw it back in... whaallaa

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOunds good, I should have updated but have been busy. I installed the tires over the weekend. The look really good, but they do rub the inner plastic on the drivers side when turning. I will try doing what you said about the inner liner. I'll post up some pics soon. Other than the fuel mileage loss, and the crappy ride from MT i really like they way these tires look.

not sure if brand new 37's would fit though, as these are worn down?.?.?

·
Registered
222 Posts
If its just rubbing on the plastic a little im sure new ones will clear to. The driver side is where i was rubbing too. You'll be surprised how much more room you get when you pull those screws out and push the plastic back. I pushed it back a good 2" you have to cut the plastic a little to get it to go that far though. You'll see then i used 2 selftapers to hold it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts