Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if 37x13.5r18 will fit with level and rear block kit??

the kit says itll clear 37s but doesnt say how wide they can be.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
You might have some rubbing up front with the 13.5s as oppose to a 12.5, but height wise you should be alright. Could probably fix it by changing the offset of the rim, make it so it sticks out farther, then you shouldn't have a rubbing issue.

James.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The backspacing on the rims I'm gonna put on is 5.71 and offset is 18mm
What does that mean?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
You would need less backspacing, like 4.5-5....

5.71 is going to keep the tires closer in and they will probably rub the radius arms like crazy. 37's will clear no problem with a 2.5" leveling kit and 4" blocks. The problem is going to be the width of the tire. I think Nitto makes a Trail Grappler that is 12.5" wide that would work perfectly with that backspacing, but I believe it's for a 20" wheel. Not an 18" wheel. I would try and find a wheel with less backspacing and a tire that isn't quite so wide.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
would 37s fit on a 4 inch lift on my 04 f250?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
would 37s fit on a 4 inch lift on my 04 f250?
Not trying to be an a$$, but you might get the answer to that question quicker in the 6.0 forum. Being that the truck is an 04, it has leaf springs up front. I don't know enough about that suspension setup to give you any kind of answer.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is that rim i described is that gonna make the tire stick out or in??

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
ok i figured that haha, but it never hurts to ask. just thought some one might have previously had a f250 with the leaf springs.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
It will stick out more than a stock wheel, but barely. I believe that factory 20's have 6" back spacing....maybe 6.5" of back spacing. Like I said above, you'll want less back spacing with a wider tire. You could get away with a wheel with 5.7" of back spacing if the tire is only 12.5" wide.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
ok i figured that haha, but it never hurts to ask. just thought some one might have previously had a f250 with the leaf springs.
My previous truck was an 06 F250, I had a 2.5" Level kit and was running 35" Nittos' no problem, so with 4"s you should be fine to run 37s, if the suspension setup didn't chnge from 04-06.

James.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
well in 06 they had coils and in 04they had leaf springs. but thanks for your input man.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You would need less backspacing, like 4.5-5....

5.71 is going to keep the tires closer in and they will probably rub the radius arms like crazy. 37's will clear no problem with a 2.5" leveling kit and 4" blocks. The problem is going to be the width of the tire. I think Nitto makes a Trail Grappler that is 12.5" wide that would work perfectly with that backspacing, but I believe it's for a 20" wheel. Not an 18" wheel. I would try and find a wheel with less backspacing and a tire that isn't quite so wide.

Actually. Speaking from doing the exact same thing on my 08 the first year I had it. The wheels your looking to use should be perfect. Yes, the tire will touch the radius arm at full lock. But it should not hit the fender or bumper. You might have to pull the inner plastic fender back a little bit. Zip ties work perfect for this. Don't hack them up like most people do. If your using a 9" wheel. The wheel will stick out about an inch further than the stock one, then add to that at least a few more inches for the wider tire. I would assume 3-4" wider on each side then stock.

A wheel with less backspacing 4-4.5 will make it so the tires won't hit the radius arm, maybe, but it will then hit the bumper and metal part of the fender. This is why so many people can get a way with using stock wheels with 37's. The high backspacing. If you want to go to a 4-6" lift, you can use just about any wheel you want

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
been thinking about going 37's on stock 20's at stock height (F350 SRW) seems like miles of room w/ the factory 34's

just don't want any sheet metal rubbing when crossed up

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So if I do level and rims with 5.71 backspace and 35x12.5 I'll be good with rubbing?
I like the look when theystick out the wheel well. Will I get any of the 12.5 to stick out?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
So if I do level and rims with 5.71 backspace and 35x12.5 I'll be good with rubbing?
I like the look when theystick out the wheel well. Will I get any of the 12.5 to stick out?

Thanks
i'm currently running 20x9's with 35x12.5 20's my wheels are 4.5 back spaced...they stick out about 1.5-2 inches

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im running 37x13.5x18 toyo MT's on a 2.5" leveling kit with the add a leaf in the rear. I had to do very minor trimming of the plastic fender well . Cant even tell i trimmed it though because it looks stock and it was very minor. My truck sits perfect with a leveling kit and 37's.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Im running 37x13.5x18 toyo MT's on a 2.5" leveling kit with the add a leaf in the rear. I had to do very minor trimming of the plastic fender well . Cant even tell i trimmed it though because it looks stock and it was very minor. My truck sits perfect with a leveling kit and 37's.
pic would be nice:(

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
been thinking about going 37's on stock 20's at stock height (F350 SRW) seems like miles of room w/ the factory 34's

just don't want any sheet metal rubbing when crossed up
I'm thinking you probably will see some rubbing, esp at full lock. I know my 35s rubbed at 75% turn before my level, 35s on KR 20s.

James.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts