Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I want to start off by saying I got my reburnt chip with Tony wildman custom tunes today and it is freaking sweet! But I have a few quesitons. While on the extreme and street race tune I can feel my torque converter unlocking at around 35-40 mph. Is that normal? Then on the extreme setting I only got about 23lbs of boost and on the street race i got about 27. It didn't feel like it was defueling though? Maybe a boost leak? :dunno: Also I will be making a 10 hr trip home from college in a couple weeks plan on cruising at about 70-75. What will be my best setting for fuel mileage? My settings are economy, tow, heavy tow, Street Race, and Extreme.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump anyone out there tonight?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Is the TC unlocking or slipping?

When you are hitting 27psi, do you feel like it is nosing over or loosing power? if so, that is defueling.

I have always gotten the best mileage in my economy or extreme tunes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure the TC is unlocking because it only happens when i am cruising along. When I hit 27 psi it didn't feel like it was losing power at all thats why I figured it wasn't defueling.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
It should not unlock, call Tony.

When you feel it unlock and you gently give it throttle, does it lock back up or stay unlocked for a while?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I give it more throttle it locks up and stays locked it only happens when I am just cruising along at 35-40. I can feel it lock up and then unlock and then lock again, it just keeps going back and forth.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
If I give it more throttle it locks up and stays locked it only happens when I am just cruising along at 35-40. I can feel it lock up and then unlock and then lock again, it just keeps going back and forth.
Ty, it shouldn't be doing that at all, I will look at the program this evening and get in touch with you then.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
and as far as your mileage i only have the ts but i get the best mileage on my 140 tune like alot better mileage but i will soon the the TW i hope

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ty, it shouldn't be doing that at all, I will look at the program this evening and get in touch with you then.
Sounds good. I didn't think it was suppose to do that but I wasn't sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts