Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Ok Now time for the fun stuff. Time to start making a list of things to do to the truck (Gonna have to save up a few bucks before any of this will happen)

Tires/Rims.
I really like the BMF rims specifically the Novakane's. I'm wanting to go with the 18"'s.

Now for tires. I want to go with the Toyo Open Country M-T either 37x13.50R18 or 35x12.50R18
A couple of questions:
1) Whats the largest size i can get away with with no lift or level kit?
2) Would these tires work on the 18" Novakane rims?
3) I would like to get 37's because I will be throwing in a lift.

Now Onto the Lift
Im looking at getting the Carlli Suspension kits Performance 2.0 system or The Back Country 2.0.

Couple of questions,
1) What is the difference between the two? From what I read (Which I could be interpreting completely wrong which wouldn't surprise me) Is the Back Country kit is for the more aggressive off-road?
2) Carli has the air bags for the dodge any idea when the FOrd versions would be out? I want the bags for when my back end is loaded down.
3) If Carli isn't coming out with them within the next 6 months (Won't need them till spring time) is there another way to get the air bags for a lifter truck? I was looking at the Firestone and Air lift bags. They both offer spacers for lifted trucks. Would they work?

And the last one. THank you for reading this far. Love the help a noobie can get :)
Do the 37's if you are going with the Carli lift. The BMF 18's will work great with those tires and that lift.

The ride and the performance between those 2 kits are almost the same since they both use the same valving. The backcountry kit is less expensive since the shocks are mass produced fro Carli by Bilstein and the have rubber bushings instead of rod ends for mounting. This makes them maintenance free and helps slightly with the ride. The Performance 2.0 kit uses hand built 7100's that although the cosmetic finish holds up better to winter environment will require more maintenance over they years on a truck that spends alot of time in rain,snow,salt...............

Carli's new Ford Long Travel air bags kits should be ready in a few weeks if all goes as planned.:woot:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Do the 37's if you are going with the Carli lift. The BMF 18's will work great with those tires and that lift.

The ride and the performance between those 2 kits are almost the same since they both use the same valving. The backcountry kit is less expensive since the shocks are mass produced fro Carli by Bilstein and the have rubber bushings instead of rod ends for mounting. This makes them maintenance free and helps slightly with the ride. The Performance 2.0 kit uses hand built 7100's that although the cosmetic finish holds up better to winter environment will require more maintenance over they years on a truck that spends alot of time in rain,snow,salt...............

Carli's new Ford Long Travel air bags kits should be ready in a few weeks if all goes as planned.:woot:
Well My truck will see alot of snow and salt.

With the 37's can i put them on the truck before i get the lift done?

·
Vendor
2,936 Posts
Most likely not... I am running the pintop 2.5 leveling kit and my 35" are right at home but 37" would not fit even with my additional clearance over stock height:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ah Ok thats what I was thinking... time to save up 8k!!!! Go go go

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Paperwork is all signed!!!!

Pickup the truck Sept 5th!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well Guys The Day Arrived.

Brought home the new truck. Just a quick picture from my cell

:woot::woot::woot:

·
Premium Member
19,900 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks for showing us and for following up!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Now i just gotta get the wifes truck done and then its onto the new one!!!

·
Premium Member
19,900 Posts
Well, a guy has to have priorities, right? :nod:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well it's because of her i got the diesel early sooooo....

·
Premium Member
19,900 Posts
Exactly!! She's a keeper for sure! Take care of your lady.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Well Guys/Gals

I took her out today for her Maiden voyage. Let me just say what a pleasure it was.

:woot::woot::woot:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts