Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Depends on the incentives. Right now, in Canada, there's employee pricing and delivery allowance incentives that are totaling about $15,000+/- off of 2012 models. If you can find one that has most of what you're looking for, there are dealer installed options that they can install for you. It definitely wouldn't hurt to start looking now. If you can't find a 2012, you can order the 2013 but you won't get the incentives until the end of the year. Who knows, you might find that 2012 in the back corner on some dealership's lot that's exactly what you want. The compromise on some optional equipment might be worth saving a few pennies. This is also advantageous to you as the dealership wants to sell what they have on the lot so you have more negotiating room if it isn't exactly what you want.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah its not going to hurt me to find out what i can get on the 2012. I have sent in a request to a dealership so I will wait and see what they come back with.

Here's my build

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here's a question for you guys,

IM looking at putting a Backcountry 2.0 lift kit in. What kind of air bags could i go with ??

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Here's a question for you guys,

IM looking at putting a Backcountry 2.0 lift kit in. What kind of air bags could i go with ??
Carli's new long travel bag kit should be ready very soon. I run the Dodge version on my 2010 Ram 2500 and it works awesome. I sell a lot of them for the Dodge and soon the Ford guys will be able to enjoy them.

I'm not sure what the finance deals are up there but I may end up replacing my 08 F350 with a 2012. I was going to order a 2013 but they announced a lot of incentives recently as well as 0% financing for 60 mos.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Carli's new long travel bag kit should be ready very soon. I run the Dodge version on my 2010 Ram 2500 and it works awesome. I sell a lot of them for the Dodge and soon the Ford guys will be able to enjoy them.

I'm not sure what the finance deals are up there but I may end up replacing my 08 F350 with a 2012. I was going to order a 2013 but they announced a lot of incentives recently as well as 0% financing for 60 mos.
Yeah i saw that they offered the bags but only on the Dodges. That would be perfect.

Financing up here not seeing any 0% at the moment but my credit is perfect so ill get a great rate.

And if they dont offer it ill just pack up and goto another dealer :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Screw the wait go get you a new truck man, what is the hold up, 2012-13 they are both brand new freaking trucks....cut all the BS and drive one home.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well heard back from the dealership today.

The way I want my truck there is only 5 in alberta. Apparently Long boxes aren't popular.

But what i was offered was sticker 75k down to 59k

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well heard back from the dealership today.

The way I want my truck there is only 5 in alberta. Apparently Long boxes aren't popular.

But what i was offered was sticker 75k down to 59k
Woodridge has some F350s in transport. Believe they're duallies though. Still have some time to get a 2012 as the 2013 won't be here until November. $15,000 off sticker is standard. That's the Ford Employee pricing and the delivery allowance incentive. Not a bad deal but there's still some wiggle room. Also, when you buy your 6.7, get the maintenance package on it. Well worth it.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
AA

Whats the maintenance package?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The maintenance package is a flat rate maintenance service. You pay upfront when you buy your truck but your truck's services are "free." Not a bad deal considering an oil and filter change is $200+.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oil, filter, tire rotation, and fluids top-off, including DEF, runs $154 OTD here in Vegas. They do it while you wait around 50 - 60 minutes.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well guys Im getting Excited. Just hoping the Dealer can find me a truck in the color i want (Silver or Dark Blue)

Fingers crossed!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well Guys,

It's Official. I am now the PROUD owner of a

2012 6.7 CC LB 4X4!!!!!!!

Got 22k in rebates/discounts from the dealer/ford.

78k Sticker
56k All done

Now just have to wait until Sept 5 to pick her up !!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats! Be sure to post lots of pics when you get it.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Of course because

:worthless[1]:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok Now time for the fun stuff. Time to start making a list of things to do to the truck (Gonna have to save up a few bucks before any of this will happen)

Tires/Rims.
I really like the BMF rims specifically the Novakane's. I'm wanting to go with the 18"'s.

Now for tires. I want to go with the Toyo Open Country M-T either 37x13.50R18 or 35x12.50R18
A couple of questions:
1) Whats the largest size i can get away with with no lift or level kit?
2) Would these tires work on the 18" Novakane rims?
3) I would like to get 37's because I will be throwing in a lift.

Now Onto the Lift
Im looking at getting the Carlli Suspension kits Performance 2.0 system or The Back Country 2.0.

Couple of questions,
1) What is the difference between the two? From what I read (Which I could be interpreting completely wrong which wouldn't surprise me) Is the Back Country kit is for the more aggressive off-road?
2) Carli has the air bags for the dodge any idea when the FOrd versions would be out? I want the bags for when my back end is loaded down.
3) If Carli isn't coming out with them within the next 6 months (Won't need them till spring time) is there another way to get the air bags for a lifter truck? I was looking at the Firestone and Air lift bags. They both offer spacers for lifted trucks. Would they work?

And the last one. THank you for reading this far. Love the help a noobie can get :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
First things first, straight pipe, intake and chip!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
568 Posts
I hear ya, but you got to love the sound of those 6.7 straight piped

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I hear ya, but you got to love the sound of those 6.7 straight piped
Yeah me too. But I need the warranty care because I will be using it for work and unfortunately with my truck down that cause me pain in the wallet.

But after 2 years ill be getting another truck so this one will become my toy :)

21 - 40 of 54 Posts