Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wife's New Ride?!?!

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  01excursion7.3 
#1 ·
Here you go guys. I'm looking at a 2000 Excursion with a 7.3. Completely stock with 134,000 miles. Never owned an Ex. but hopefully will soon. Asking $15,995. It is a limited and very clean. Tell me what you guys think.

See less See more
#10 ·
if only I could talk my wife into an Ex -- I think she's seriously considering it though..hehe

that Ex looks very nice and likely has many many more miles left in it!

#17 ·
Good, you are going in educated and not with a hard on to buy it. LOL

Some people take all the time they need and others take all the money they need.

#18 ·
ain't that the truth - luckily we got our truck from my father-in-law's dealership, so he told us how much they had in the truck and how much we coudl buy it for... so made it easy :D

#19 ·
Tell you what, get that one for 14, and I'll trade you mine with the new built tranny even swap. Mines got 105k on her. ;) And I'll leave the lights, exhaust, and intake. No chip, but she's beggin for it.

I just want forged rods so I can put some power down. Me got the PMR's.

#21 ·
nice lookin truck, you could easily talk them down. I was lookin at a 250 that was KBB
25K and they were asking 13,000

#22 ·
From what I've read 01 was the split year, some 01's still have forged, the rest have PMR's. I'm not so lucky. 00 your should have forged. :thumb:

#25 ·
nice looking ex I agree they should take less for it

#26 ·
I would DEFINITELY try and bring them down alot. My local dealer wanted to sell me a 01 Chevrolet 2500 DMAX with 98k miles for 13500.(nothing wrong with it i know the original owner) you should atleast get him down to 12. Especially that the diesel market has just hit the bottom(here) and he will want to get rid of it soon.

#27 ·
This is true. Matter of fact, 2 years ago I tried bartering with a guy on his ex, he wouldn't budge. I drive by there somewhat frequently, and he still has it. I'm grateful for it though, that was only the v10, not the psd. Don't be afraid to walk out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.