Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go guys. I'm looking at a 2000 Excursion with a 7.3. Completely stock with 134,000 miles. Never owned an Ex. but hopefully will soon. Asking $15,995. It is a limited and very clean. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
Run KBB on it before you buy! That EX looks really nice though and I'd seriously consider it!:nod::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
hey I like that alot... I saw that the other day.... there is a OBS also there that looks really good... but I don't make enough money to have to vechile payments:doh:

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
Woooooow I like that too!:nod::thumb: And they almost match!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
:hehe: how funny you got a picture of the OBS :thumb: well if you get either or both hope you will have alot of fun with them... but yeah that OBS would be a fun truck to have:thumb:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Talk them down... but that's a NICE color and it's probably got the good rods so you don't have to worry about that if your wife likes to be a lil faster!

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
if only I could talk my wife into an Ex -- I think she's seriously considering it though..hehe

that Ex looks very nice and likely has many many more miles left in it!

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talk them down... but that's a NICE color and it's probably got the good rods so you don't have to worry about that if your wife likes to be a lil faster!
Oh yeah!! It'll be faster :thumb:. Probably without her knowing it. :hehe::hehe:. If I get it, it gets it. Chip, exhaust, intake, etc. :woot::woot:.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Looks like a sharp EX. Hope it works out for ya'.
Craig

·
Registered
511 Posts
KBB shows it at $15,930 in excellent condition.

If you haven't already, read the explanation for Excellent.

Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
Complete and verifiable service records.
Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Without seeing many many pictures or touching it I would say it looks ok. The Ex needs many things an F-series doesn't but I wouldn't give mine up for anything.

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
its a nice truk but you can do alot better than 15K man! make a low offer or look else where, everyone keeps saying the market is flooded with diesels. Shouldnt that mean you can get the truck you want on a steal?

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you haven't already, read the explanation for Excellent.

Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
Complete and verifiable service records.
Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Without seeing many many pictures or touching it I would say it looks ok. The Ex needs many things an F-series doesn't but I wouldn't give mine up for anything.
I have read that on the excellent description and I don't think that it is in excellent shape, but usually the guys that own this lot (not a dealership) ask a lot more for their vehicles than they are worth. I was just saying they are in the ball park. Appreciate the heads up though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Good, you are going in educated and not with a hard on to buy it. LOL

Some people take all the time they need and others take all the money they need.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Good, you are going in educated and not with a hard on to buy it. LOL

Some people take all the time they need and others take all the money they need.
ain't that the truth - luckily we got our truck from my father-in-law's dealership, so he told us how much they had in the truck and how much we coudl buy it for... so made it easy :D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Tell you what, get that one for 14, and I'll trade you mine with the new built tranny even swap. Mines got 105k on her. ;) And I'll leave the lights, exhaust, and intake. No chip, but she's beggin for it.

I just want forged rods so I can put some power down. Me got the PMR's.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell you what, get that one for 14, and I'll trade you mine with the new built tranny even swap. Mines got 105k on her. ;) And I'll leave the lights, exhaust, and intake. No chip, but she's beggin for it.

I just want forged rods so I can put some power down. Me got the PMR's.
Do the 2000 Excursions have forged rods? If I do buy it, it might get more than a chip, exhaust and intake.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts