Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 2 good but used michelin dually tires. I had her bring it to the shop and install oth on drivers rear. They told her that they had to use a balance bead?
charged a bit extra. Whats a balance bead? never heard of it. They saiud they do that on all larger tires???
size is 235/85/16 e

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:dunno: I just bought 6 new last winter and they didn't mention anything about that to me.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
high-density ceramic bead that, when easily installed, continuously balances your tires as you drive. The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.

The result is a smooth, vibration-free ride, derived from our balancing media that is always repositioning itself as the tire wears. If you own a pickup truck, commercial truck, motorhome, RV, tractor trailer, motorcycle, or similar vehicle, and want to get rid of those wheel vibration and tire cupping problems

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hope it works, only on 2 rears. i wont rotate em. They will stay until I throw em out. They have like 50 percent tread. I am buying 2fronts (new shortly)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts