Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for new tires. I have a stock ride height but want a wider tire on my stock Harley wheels. I want the same height tire if possible. Has anyone had any issues doing this? anyone have pics?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
What is your stock tire size? I am running 295 wide tire on the OEM 8" wide wheels.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have any pics? Not sure. I have the stock tire size though

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
have any pics? Not sure. I have the stock tire size though
Check my public profile for pics. (I am on my phone)

As far as helping you with tire size, I need to know what size you are running now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
275/65r20. I might try the BFG All Terrains 285/65R20's. They are 34.7 vs 34.1 stock height and 11.5 vs 11 wide

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
275/65r20. I might try the BFG All Terrains 285/65R20's. They are 34.7 vs 34.1 stock height and 11.5 vs 11 wide
Those will look good. Does BFG offer 295/60r20? Nitto makes that size in all terrain, its close to 34.5x12.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does, but I personally didn't like my Terra Grapplers I had on my Dodge

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm also going to replace my shocks. Have you not sure if I should get the bilstein hd's or the 5100's. I may lift the truck down the road

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'm also going to replace my shocks. Have you not sure if I should get the bilstein hd's or the 5100's. I may lift the truck down the road
I don't have personal experience with stock shock replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
It does, but I personally didn't like my Terra Grapplers I had on my Dodge
If you just want to go wider, go with 295/60/20 in either Nitto Trail Grappler, Toyo MT, or the new Toyo AT II. If you want to go wider and a little taller, go with 295/65/20, using the same listing of tires.

The BFG All Terrains dont hold up well under these trucks, IMO.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I might try those Toyo AT II's. Are they noisy?

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I might try those Toyo AT II's
I was at a tire shop this morning getting my MTs rebalanced and rotated and was looking at the AT IIs. They look really nice, and they now have a treadwear warranty - 65K miles I believe.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone have issues with the 295/60r20's rubbing when turning?

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just ordered a set of the 295s at Discount Tire. They are coming from somewhere in Michigan, and I am in Arizona. I have 275/65 20s now, and they have held up well. The new version looks 10 times better. I guess they are on national backorder possibly? There are certain sizes that are (X-Treme) with deeper tread and deeper lugs or some bullsh*t..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts