·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth the money? what will it do

·
Registered
663 Posts
Gets rid of surge, adds a very sexy whistle, great cheap mod, Got mine on ebay for 44.00, took about an hour to install it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have really good boost numbers now, it wont hurt or help them?

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
If you are happy with your boost and you dont have the surge like some of us do then it may not be worth your time. I on the other hand, have some surging issues, and I am looking to have the boost earlier, since I have stick, and dont have the advantage of a torque converter working for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i kind of just want my turbo to be louder but not mess with my boost

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i kind of just want my turbo to be louder but not mess with my boost
I didn't see any big difference in boost. It did help my surge I had, and it does add a nice whistle.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I know my turbo O rings are leaking, so while I have to turbo out I might as well. Its a cheap upgrade especially when anytime you talk turbo its at least hundreds of dollars to do anything with them.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
WE dynoed before and after the ww at the SSS last year at Trucks Unlimited, and turned the exact same numbers(within 2 tenths). Kept the ww in for awhile(7 months). Put my stocker back on. Pulls harder/longer thru the gears. BUT, if you have surging, then the WW is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
OK so what I am looking to correct is the surging, but also the fact that it seems to take forever for the boost to come on my 2000 vs when I had my OBS. I would like the boost earlier and just at least maintain it on the top end till I have to shift, since I dont have the auto tranny to maintain a higher rpm through the shifting.

·
Registered
450 Posts
well in your case afblue, you can do the wheel, the banks big head wastegate and the banks quick spool housing. obviously the smaller exhaust housing would allow you to spool up faster the wheel would stop the surge and the big head would allow you to build about another 4-8 psi.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
well in your case afblue, you can do the wheel, the banks big head wastegate and the banks quick spool housing. obviously the smaller exhaust housing would allow you to spool up faster the wheel would stop the surge and the big head would allow you to build about another 4-8 psi.
Wouldnt wiring the wastegate closed do the same but for alot less? What I really would like to do if realistic, is be able to see at least 10psi before 2k rpm, like i did on my OBS.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i have the wheel and exhaust houseing....im happy with it seems to spool fast but i never had it with the stock setup so i dont have anything to compare it too.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
The wicked wheel i got from Kyle at XDP has taken care of my surge and it sounds freakin awsome!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts