Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok some members always ask what benefits do you get from the wicked wheel.

Well this weekend I installed it on my truck ( after having it sitting on my shelf for a year). Well anyways this is not a install write up but more of the differences you get.

The truck is a 2002 F-250 7.3L I have the typical mods, DIY intake, 4 inch Straight Pipe Exhaust, Boost, Pyro, and Trans Temp gauges, as well as a TS-6 Pos Chip.

Ok so this is the differences

Stock wheel
30 psi max at wot, constant shooshing sound ( been told it is surge from a couple boys from Indiana). Not the sound you get when the truck shifts, this is during the acceleration at wot.

Wicked Wheel
28psi Max at wot, no more constant shooshing sound, smoother acceleration. Heck of a turbo whistle at wot.

Was it worth the switch I think so. If you do not have alot of big hp but you have mods and you are having turbo surge. Then I say it is a good cheap fix. Yes I lost a couple psi on the boost. But if I did not have the gauge I probably would not even known it.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i would have to agree, over all the sound of it is just so much better too. i still get alot of surge but it is just supposed to help. not cure.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would have to agree, over all the sound of it is just so much better too. i still get alot of surge but it is just supposed to help. not cure.
It either cured my surge or it helped it out quite a bit. Because over all performance my truck just runs smoother and my egt's dropped a couple degrees like it takes longer to reach 1200degrees now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts