Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Wicked Wheel worth purchasing and installing on my stock 7.3 turbo? What are the benefits, any noticeable power difference?

03' F-250
7.3l
Leveling kit on 33's
5" exhaust
Cold air intake
PHP Phoenix(coming soon)

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Lots of threads on this. All say this - You'll lose a little bit of boost, and maybe fix any surge, maybe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, sorry man, new to this autoguide app and don't really know how to use it yet. Thanks for the input though.

03' F-250
7.3l
Leveling kit on 33's
5" exhaust
Cold air intake
PHP Phoenix(coming soon)

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Just saying. It's not being new to the whole thing and not knowing, it's just lots of browsing and reading.
The WW will also whistle more than the 99+ wheels.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I put one on mine because I had noticeable surge. Cured that problem and gave me some more whistle. I didn't loose any boost but there was no power gain that I could tell.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
51 Posts
What most have said so far. I installed mine after i did my tunes and 6637. Was getting really bad turbo surge after those mods where installed. The wicked wheel stopped most of the surge problems.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
i think the whistle sounds awesome!
it cured my surge but it does not work for everyone.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Only worth it if you have surge.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I installed a 6637 and PHP Phoenix with 65HP moderate tow and pulling our 8k 5th wheel have never had any surge even on long hills with the stock turbo. I'd try it before you go through the hassle of installing one.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Hell, I'd watch the gauge and verify you even have surge.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya that's what I'm gonna do when I get my gauges in. Honestly I'm not too sure myself what turbo surge is exactly. Lol

03' F-250
7.3l
Leveling kit on 33's
5" exhaust
Cold air intake
PHP Phoenix(coming soon)

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
When the exhaust is spooling the turbo so hard that the turbo is trying to force more air down the throat of the 7.3 than it's lungs can handle so its start backing up and the turbo goes forwards/backwards/forwards/backwards really fast. Good way to snap shafts and wear turbos out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahh ok that makes sense. Should have gauges within a week or two, so I can get a better idea of how my turbo is functioning.

03' F-250
7.3l
Leveling kit on 33's
5" exhaust
Cold air intake
PHP Phoenix(coming soon)

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Yes they are. Beans Diesel tends to be cheap.

·
Registered
418 Posts
WW got rid of my surge. BUT the noise of it is starting to drive me a little nuts. It's not really a whistle; more like a loud rushing noise. I don't like it; if I had to do it over again I would save for the ported housing or a new turbo instead.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
The install was really easy, and the whistle is great! Throw a MAP fooler on there (Got mine from ITP) and it's good to go!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts