Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the two? Also a guy at work has a superchips programmer for the same truck as mine and I want to know if I can just plug it in my truck and load it to my PCM?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I am assuming the X wheel is another companies anti surge wheel. Same thing, different names. you can load the superchips as long as his truck is returned to stock. it wont do 2 trucks at once.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
All the compressor wheels are the same...

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
compressor wheels are the same.

I thought that the superchips didn't get vin locked, isn't that why you can buy one from ebay as a code reader? I know my old edge box was vin locked to my truck until returned to stock, but I thoought the superchips was different. :shrug:

·
Registered
959 Posts
The Superchips doesn't "vin lock" but it will only work on one truck at a time where some programmers will only ever work on a truck with the same vin.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
SCMT uploads the stock tune then downloads the performance tune. After that it will only work as a code reader on any other truck until you return the first truck to stock, then it will tune another truck. I have bought two of them on eBay with no problem (luckily) because the seller returned his truck to stock before sending it to me. I have also used mine to programs several friends trucks for them to try it out but had to drive mine stock until I got it back from them. I wound up selling both of them to the guys I let try them. The Predator is the same way but has more power and way more Diagnostics.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I knew it was something like that.

Got it straight now! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts