Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 6 months of sitting on the shelf i finally got bored and install the wicked wheel on my truck took about 2 hours because i had no air tools at the house and the motor was still a little warm but it wasnt to bad. i noticed a difference for one it sounds awsome that turbo screams now i love it second turbo flutter is completely gone and the truck feels alot smoother and feels like it pulls a little harder i would recommend this mod to any body not bad for 50 bucks heck i would have done it just for the sound.:thumb:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh i forgot i did not have to remove the turbo

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
It isn't really that bad of an install. Mine wasn't too bad either. I was expecting alot worst.

You will enjoy that sound!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just installed mine too, I FREAKING LOVE THE SOUND!!

The install wasn't bad at all, just took a long time. We didn't know that the compressor housing 12 pt bolts coverted to a 6 pt 5/16 so we spent 3 hours looking for a 12pt 8mm with a 1/4 in. drive! LOL Then after we got the housing off, my genious buddy drops the socket right in the center of the block so we just sat around calling people for another socket (we had to buy a whole set for that socket lol). Then we fiddled around deciding to either take off the wastegate or downpipe, an hour later we learned we could take an impact gun run it through the compressor housing and pulse it to get the wheel off!! It's SOOOOOOO easy that way...

Anyways theres my rant, sorry for hijacking. The butt dyno definitely felt a difference in low end torque and spool up.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Take the hood insulation out, and go for a ride.....:evillol:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah already had the insolation off the hood and foil delete it screms now i love it and yes i can feel a difference on the butt dyno definatly on the bottom end

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
so it doesnt help with the performance at all?
No it doesn't really help with performance. It mainly keeps the turbo from surging.... You actually may loose a little bit of boost...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts