Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Governor my friend......it should, depends on what TW tunes you get, or so I've heard

Damn governor. It sucked so bad today, i'm cruising along at 95 this little car goes right past me. I had it floored and only going 95 that sucked. At 2,700 rpms. The highest setting i got with the chip is steet race

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
You know, I've never tried it with my 8,000# truck with balloon mud tires on it but every other computer controlled car or light truck I've had was governed near 100mph.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I had my truck to 124.9mph with the stock tires on it, GPS calculated.

Since the 35's have been put on, I have only had it to 96.12mph.

Back in 99 or 98 I can't remember now but the stock governor is set to 93 on my truck, that was with a total weight of 10,100lb headed to Montana to kill some prairie dogs....

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
With the chip the governor should be disabled. I know my TS 6 chip disabled the governor. I have had the speedometer spring back to zero and then bump back up to like 25 mph so I figured I was doing 125 which is scary fast in a truck that wieghs around 9,000 but when your pregnant wife is screaming at you and in labor what are you suppose to do.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
With the chip the governor should be disabled. I know my TS 6 chip disabled the governor. I have had the speedometer spring back to zero and then bump back up to like 25 mph so I figured I was doing 125 which is scary fast in a truck that wieghs around 9,000 but when your pregnant wife is screaming at you and in labor what are you suppose to do.
Now was she screaming at you cuz she was in labor or cuz you were going 125 in 9000lb truck :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
my 04 does 99

1 - 11 of 11 Posts