Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New ZD-11 plugs check new glow plug relay check new undervalve cover harnesses check outside temp. 70 degres. turn key count to 30 crank and nothing! WTF have no idea what it could be now any help would be greatful. as winter is coming and dont want to fight it everymorning.

·
Registered
245 Posts
New ZD-11 plugs check new glow plug relay check new undervalve cover harnesses check outside temp. 70 degres. turn key count to 30 crank and nothing! WTF have no idea what it could be now any help would be greatful. as winter is coming and dont want to fight it everymorning.
Odd! Mine will lite at 70* with almost no glow dwell. Compression test maybe? Fuel pressure? Any codes?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Strange. Mine lights right up @ 70*F without even looking at the "wait to start" light. Would be interested to know what you find.

:bump:

·
Registered
559 Posts
crank position sensor? Is the tach moving at all?

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
CPS is the first place I would start!

·
Registered
245 Posts
CPS is the first place I would start!
me too, and they're a whole lot cheaper today than they were 7-8 years ago when I last replaced mine. :bump:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i am not running a chip and the tach does bounce when cranking i replaced the cps about 2 months ago now witht that said a few months back i had a shop look over the motor they replaced the ipr and informed me that i have a few weak injectors

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i found out what i know. i have a few injectors on there way out. Also wondering if i may have a crappy replacement cps. it is a grey one . looked closer today when starting. the rpm gauge doesnot bounce it holds steady at about 250 revs whick i thought was extreamly low. I am coming to the end of what it may be. forgot to mention. while working on it over the weekend i noticed that the intake of the turbo has oil in it dont think this could be good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts