Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck wont go over 85 mph, is it because my drive shaft is shimmed? or is it my 38"s and 3:73 or is my speedo just that off?

does the sct remove the speed limiter?

·
Registered
387 Posts
The DPF delete tune does not remove the speed limiter anymore. Yea it's stupid, I know. If you have the calibrations on your SCT set for your tires then your truck should be going 95.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow... that is stupid. U pay all that money and they do not remove the speed limiter!

how do I recalibrate the livewire for my 38"s ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't know how to recalibrate them, it's got something to do with RPM of the tires.

The previous tunes for the LiveWire removed the speed limiter, but for some reason they kept it this time.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Mmmm.... that sux! No prob running BD

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
why in gods name do you need to go that fast on tires that large? Are they even rated for that speed?

·
Registered
804 Posts
:rofl:
i like going fast. but then again.
im on stock wheels and tires :tard:

·
Registered
104 Posts
i noticed this the other night on mine as well, except mine are only 325's wich is like a 35.5

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
So you have the off road tune and it won't go over 85. Gonna have to forget about the Baja Race this year.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I dont know about Yall but i've had my truck on 49" tires hitting 103 down the interstate. The new 08 Has run 96 or so with 315s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts