Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 97 F250 stroker, has almost 195k miles. Long story not so short :p , my truck was running kind of poorly RPM's wouldnt wrapped out as fast as they should. Did a contribution test, Pulled codes and have P0266 and P0275. Did a compression test on all 8 and they are all between 380 and 420, HPOP is putting out what it should and fuel pressure is 60psi at WOT...50psi under load. Leading me to believe its an injector issue. Im trying to get my truck running in top shape so I can start making power instead of stacking power on top of a sick motor. Being that my motor is nearing 200k and I am the 3rd owner of it, and not knowing what maintenance was kept up on it im sure there are nozzles, plungers and even barrels that are going to be replaced to whip these injectors back into shape in order for me to feel confident in doing the DIY stage 1 kit and hoping they run like they should. Now I can tear into these injectors and maybe get lucky and maybe only find 1 or 2 bad nozzles and such and have a good rebuild or I could run into more bad/worn parts than good parts and dumping a good amount of money.

So here I am looking at (brand new, not remans, but brand new) Alliant AA injectors for $232 a piece, that also have a 13month warranty. For close to 2grand and then another 500 for the DIY stage 1 kit i will have 160cc injectors and most importantly the piece of mind knowing I have brand new injectors that will give me no fuss. Stack a TW chip and im blown black smoke :) Or, I can just go with Alliant AC's which were used on the High-output T444E motors and already have 160cc and dont even have to tear into them.

So finally I get to my question.
1.Will the AC's turned up with the TW chip flow every bit of 160cc as the AA's with the stage 1 kit? Reason be is why waste money on AA's and have to tear into them when you could save the 500bucks for the kit and just go with AC's already rated at 160cc's.

link on what I am basing my numbers off of.

Pensacola Diesel Inc. - FORD POWERSTROKE :: INJECTORS 7.3L & 6.0L

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, it would be a waste of money to buy new AA's then tear into them to make them Stage-1's.
Just buy the new AC's and be done with it. Mathematically the AC's flow about 170cc +-, so they are a hair more than the normal 160cc Stage-1.
I sell new AC's for $1800 shipped to your door, plus your cores.
Let me know If I can do anything for you.
[email protected].
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
214 Posts
i just got the shaft i paid 2000 for someone to rebild my stock injectors

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
not to high jack the thread, but how hard is it to rebuild your injectors yourself? Can they send you everything you need, and you just do it yourself? can i rebuild mine to stage 2?

·
Registered
407 Posts
ya i had a injector tip snap off a couple months ago and ended up buying a reman injector from pensacola diesel for $99. so i guess for $800 you could have 8 "new" reliable injectors, ive had no problems yet and they come with 12 month warranty

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wish International or Ford would supply us with the means of rebuilding our own injectors. Nozzles, barrels, plungers, etc.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i just got the shaft i paid 2000 for someone to rebild my stock injectors
Yeah, pretty much. My Premium Stage-1's come with every new part I can buy for them and they sell for $1285 and come with a 6 month warranty.

ya i had a injector tip snap off a couple months ago and ended up buying a reman injector from pensacola diesel for $99. so i guess for $800 you could have 8 "new" reliable injectors, ive had no problems yet and they come with 12 month warranty
I have no disrespect for Pensacola Diesel, and I don't know if they are hands-on in their injector rebuilds, but hands down ALL reman injectors are JUNK, unless bought directly from one of us 7.3 specialty injector rebuilders. 9 out of 10 remans have all Brand New Parts, but they do NOTHING to account for Poppet valve wear. They might be fine now, but most of the time when I get injectors in to rebuild, it's the remans that are so far out of spec they won't work. They just take a 300,000 mile injector and add new parts. That's NOT what you want...

Having said that:

not to high jack the thread, but how hard is it to rebuild your injectors yourself? Can they send you everything you need, and you just do it yourself? can i rebuild mine to stage 2?
You can easily rebuild them yourself IF your injector's Poppet valve tolerances are within spec. If not, all the new parts you throw in there won't make them run any better. Only special machining can correct this, and it can be tedious depending on how worn they are. You can take a series of measurement that I have listed on my site in the Tech page that will help you determine the Poppet wear.

I just wish International or Ford would supply us with the means of rebuilding our own injectors. Nozzles, barrels, plungers, etc.
No you don't!! They have enough problems working on these things. Their solution is to sell you a reman injector that isn't worth crap (see above.) Not even Alliant Power, the oem supplier of the inejctors sells parts to do that.

However, I know a place that will supply you with whatever parts you need to rebuild yours. :thumb:
DIY-Injectors.com.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
I WILL BE DOING THE DIY STICKS SOON HOPEFULLY

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Jim how much did you say you charged in labor to build a stock set of mine if i bought the $200 kit? (i think its 200, i may be wrong though.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts